quad front tire rollover

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't take long for the nay sayers to come forth, hehe, i'll be trying it out this weekend, i have an open mind, the way the original poster talks about it, it should work wonders , and nev if ya change shocks and still set it up the same way, how will it improve, unless ya read the article and tryed out the idea how will ya know. better to keep an open mind, than to never even try.

same as telling a guy that zillas are the best all round tire before finding out where he rides, keep an open mind, it may work and may not. i'll give ya my opinion monday, for whatever it is worth.

Last edited:

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wondered how long it would take to go from a helpful thread to a cat bashing thread. Lol cya
Ps gonna change my helmut to yellow that will probably do it. Or maybe ill go buy a 2004

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wondered how long it would take to go from a helpful thread to a cat bashing thread. Lol cya
Ps gonna change my helmut to yellow that will probably do it. Or maybe ill go buy a 2004

yes what i was thinking, unless ya give it a try how will you ever know. how many times did columbus get told it couldn't be done. anyway this was supposed to be an informative thread not it can't be done unless yer riding my brand of machine.

so serious thoughts, or suggestions are appreciated. as i know the way i had it set up didn't work very well.

Last edited:

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It`s not a cat bashing thread at all..........it`sa simple fact cat`s are not known to be a great handling machine..LOL
That is like saying POPO`s are light,Canams are cheap........Facts are facts.... Show me the last time best handling and Cat were in the same conversation.
ALL bikes have there strong and weak points, sure shocks and whatever may help but it is what it is...........

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
didn't take long for the nay sayers to come forth, hehe, i'll be trying it out this weekend, i have an open mind, the way the original poster talks about it, it should work wonders , and nev if ya change shocks and still set it up the same way, how will it improve, unless ya read the article and tryed out the idea how will ya know. better to keep an open mind, than to never even try.

same as telling a guy that zillas are the best all round tire before finding out where he rides, keep an open mind, it may work and may not. i'll give ya my opinion monday, for whatever it is worth.

I hope it does help,really dont see what this has to do with tires......lol Do what you can to help it,i guess !! But you are not gonna make a Ford LTD into a ZR6 if you catch my drift.........

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What year was the newest one?
Don`t remember,don`t care........won`t ever own another.Same frames more or less anyhow..imo.We have had this convo before....this is where i always say "How many people are switching from Popo or Canam to Cat as " ...........The answer is 95% are switching away from Cat.......
This forum is a prime example.If you don`t believe me, put a post up on how many people would sell their present quad (any brand) and and buy a new Cat............I will let the results speak for me..............

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have owned a 300 , 400 ,500, 650 Cat, they all have terrible handling...........It`s a cat thing. Changing shocks,tire pressure,the color of your helmet might help or make you feel better,but they are the worst handling quads made and it is in thier geometry.

THIS isn't bashing cat?
All I was trying to do was help Larry out. I don't see a whole lot of helpful advice in this post??

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don`t remember,don`t care........won`t ever own another.Same frames more or less anyhow..imo.We have had this convo before....this is where i always say "How many people are switching from Popo or Canam to Cat as " ...........The answer is 95% are switching away from Cat.......
This forum is a prime example.If you don`t believe me, put a post up on how many people would sell their present quad (any brand) and and buy a new Cat............I will let the results speak for me..............

So to help Larry out in this post you.....????? Same frames more or less??
Good luck Larry give me a call ill help you out. Bring beer !

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the best solution... Sell it and buy a canam,brute or Popo...
Sorry I call it the way I see it ...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will never be a ferrari, but just attempting to get it to handle somewhat better, may or may not but i am going to try the same on the king quad, definitly worth a try. was lookin for some postive input, as to suggestions, or what anyone else has tried and it should relate to any brand of bike. not sure why neville took the thread to left field. but anyway dave is right, it rides different, bigger tires and nose bleed seat height, be interesting to see if the artical the guy wrote is valid.

icon3.png
less bashin and more positve thinkin people.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's the best solution... Sell it and buy a canam,brute or Popo...
Sorry I call it the way I see it ...

your glasses must be dirty, lol.

neville, you need to calm down before ya stroke out bud,

don't think i'm lookin for a ferrari or a camaro neville, just looking to see if the articles suggestions will work.

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Know nothing about the mud pro,, I know abit about suspension. Not sure what you have for adjustments? Doesnt sound like there is too many to work with?

1- get your sag set. Your looking for about 35% of your travel to be sag at operating wieght. This is going to allow your suspension to drop into holes at speed. Alot of guys crank thier suspension all the way up to clear bigger tires. That will hurt handling.

2- air pressure. When going fast we want more air pressure in all tires. your tires side walls flexing wont do anything for good for high speed handling. Dont believe me look at any FAST race vehicle and get back to me.

However lower air pressure will give you more traction and floatation in the mud.

So are you a racer or a trail rider?

Play around with your setup see what you like,,, but yeah the ford LTD will never be a ferrari:beer:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah not interested in high speed, or ferrari handling, but found the way i had suspension set the front tires rolled over, looks like they need a little more air, and i had the suspension set on 3 for all four shocks, which according to the article forces the rear end to put more weight on the front wheels. going to soften the front suspension in relation to the rear, see what it does, it is experimenting time.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok so now that we have established that neville, hates kitty cats, can we get back to the orininal idea of the thread, how to get any quad to limmit the amount of roll over on front tires. just so happens my guines pigs will be a mud pro (30 inch tires, high centre of gravity) and a 700 king quad (28 inch tires, a bit lower centre of gravity)

looking for positive ideas , nay sayers stay home. and as dave says a mudpro is no ferrari, and i been over the high side once, would like to be the last. so neville if ya got positive ideas please let us have em, otherwise no more bitchin. or are ya skeered ?lol

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But u have problems with the queen quad even Larry.

Mabe u need a banshee to ride.

Low center , 2wd.

Nope that won't work either. It catwalks and will come over backwards.

Mabe a 200 rally. Then Ur safer

sent from my I phone azz kicking HTC

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will never be a ferrari, but just attempting to get it to handle somewhat better, may or may not but i am going to try the same on the king quad, definitly worth a try. was lookin for some postive input, as to suggestions, or what anyone else has tried and it should relate to any brand of bike. not sure why neville took the thread to left field. but anyway dave is right, it rides different, bigger tires and nose bleed seat height, be interesting to see if the artical the guy wrote is valid.

https://www.snowandmud.com/forum/images/icons/icon3.pngless bashin and more positve thinkin people.[/QUOTE

Holy sh!t, are you the kettle, or the pot Larry. There isn't a thread on Snow and Mud that you haven't either single-handedly or assisted in putting in the sh!tter. Looks like your own medicine might be a little bitter, huh?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe, but i must admit i had the suspension set up the same on both quads, obviously not ideal, no matter what neville says the zillas have tire roll over, no matter how much neville defends them, they have a soft side wall period. i was happy with tires and impressed with the mud ability of the AC. after i got the diff lock working, so a little more airin the front tires is supposed to help. and also different settings on the shock preload. worth a try, should work on all quads, guess neville missed the jist of the thread, and exercised his hard on for ac. for giggles n ****z, type in worst quads made. sorry no zingers.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha, seems to be all over grub, not bitter, lookin for ideas not bashin, went from good ideas to threads like yours todd, who is blacking the kettle now.

heard an anecdote a while back, he who points a finger usually has three pointing back towards himself. lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom