Push turbos

Slammer85

Reaction score
Hey I'm gonna be turboing my m1000 and am really leaning towards push's kit looks like it has a very clean fit and finish. Anybody running one or have any other suggestions? I have also found out that there will be an intercooler available for there kits this year

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice kit. Every year he claims some new innovation to be exclusively his but can be found on other kits. Tial stainless steel externally wastegated turbo is also available from OVS. Year before it was intank hi volume fuel pump, that was available from Cutler. Still a nice kit, just dont believe all you read, and compare with all the rest before blowin 6 grand.

j_another

Reaction score
push turbo stuff rocks the will be the second year working with him. and most the stuff he comes up with people buy the copy it so to be perfectly clear ken is a straight shooter and knows his S**T

mtnaddict

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get thru to Ken? I have tried calling never a answer and msg. box is full also tried email no reply.... Maybe I better look at a different kit? If I buy one got problems or questions and cant get thru the kit is no good to me.

Mcatcrazy

Reaction score
Nice stuff but no support. Purchase where you are guaranteed to get support.

Hilmer

Reaction score
Buyer beware with anything Push! I have been seriously ripped off by Ken and his service is terrible. I am still waiting for him to give me my kit back as it was sent in to him for repair to the turbo iteself after an engine failure damaged the turbo. In addition to ignoring all forms of communication with me I now have a sled that was frustrating at best to tune last year that I feel I will have to dump to enjoy my winter this year. This is not fair and I am hoping to prevent anyone else from losing $5000 like I seem to have.

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Haven't heard much good of the Push Turbo's, heard good things about Cutler, OVS & Twisted and heard great things about the Aerocharger from Mountain Majic. Like the no Oil Tank set-up on the Aerocharger and such but don't care for the pre-mix set-up on the Twisted.
Don't know any #'s from the others but M/Majic claim 270 HP on the M1000 on Low Lead Fuel all day long. Theirs cost like 8500.00 for the kit which is pretty thick for price but appears to be a hassle free set-up. Haven't turboed my M1000 yet but am really leaning towards it, just don't know which way to go as of yet.:beer:

oly

Reaction score
I have the areo66 form mountain magic and there is pretty much no lag and it rips! 8lb boost and I'm running straight av 100LL. I get it for $1.51/L and when all said and done with BC gas prices It's like $10 more a tank. Not to bad. The only thing is I'm still tweeking the bottom end the way I like to do some down hill power turns and such. Was doing a climb in morning Glory a few weeks back and checked my track speed at 85ish MH. Very maintenance free and really like the instant boost. Rick did a really clean install and when I get to taking pics I will post them on here.

prairiepulling

Reaction score
Thanks Oly,

Are you riding an M1000 or ? Did you have to change out chaincases or is the stock one holding out thusfar. Did M/Majic do the Head Mod and clutch it up for you as well. Have talked to Bruce several times and he appears to know his chit as well. Gonna do something soon, leaning towards M/Majic for sure. Are you running the 162" or 174" ? Share the damage #'s if you want, was told it would cost me 10K. Willing to pay for a hassle free set-up.
Thanks Again.:beer:

oly

Reaction score
Thanks Oly,

Are you riding an M1000 or ? Did you have to change out chaincases or is the stock one holding out thusfar. Did M/Majic do the Head Mod and clutch it up for you as well. Have talked to Bruce several times and he appears to know his chit as well. Gonna do something soon, leaning towards M/Majic for sure. Are you running the 162" or 174" ? Share the damage #'s if you want, was told it would cost me 10K. Willing to pay for a hassle free set-up.
Thanks Again.:beer:

Ya I have a M1000. The stock DD is perfect! Just have to remember to slow the track down while jumping so you don't break it.. kinda like a quad with the locker on spinning all four wheels and your one tire gets in the air and then comes down and hits traction and full throttle! I have done this lots with my quad! I am running 162"x 2.5"x15". I wanted to go 3" but heard the lugs are easier to rip off. I could see the 174" being better in the real good powder but honestly you get a few days a year that you hit the hill those days. I did hit those days this year and could of used it but still hammered everybody else there! Climbing my track speed hit about 85Mh. I ended up getting a pretty good deal because they had a customer that couldn't pay attention to egt's and was trying to push way to much boost when it wasn;t set up for it and kept melting pistons. So I bought it off this guy and then MM put in into my sled. Also with some goodies here and there and the had to fix my motor mount. I got the whole kit off the guy for $3400! Then I just paid for install wich is really really clean. So far pull the cord and go. I just make sure after every ride things are tight and looks good on the belt. I like the no spool up as well as even my buds can barely hear when I'm climbin that I have a turbo:cool: I told them to make it as non shalant on my sled as I don't need everyone seeing what I got. I was one of those guys that seen and smirked every time a turbo was getting towed out.. so I wanted reliability and so far 400km and it's pretty good. takes alittle time tweaking the fuel reg but not to bad.:beer:

m turbo

Reaction score
Iam a dealer in B. C. selling push turbos. We have only started with pump gas kits on the M-8's, real nice kits, run awesome. Real good support.$3400 cnd and the kit is complete.The M1000 is a engine that is expensive to turbo. Needs head work and cylinder change, i know all about it i have 1200 with a race gas kit, not for every body. My phone # 1-877-696-7959 toll free,any questions on a push give me call.

mtnaddict

Reaction score
I just got my first turbo. Its a push PG tial kit and I have 300 miles on now with almost zero issues. I just wish I would have went with the RG kit as I already am maxed out on fuel:mad: and would just love to be able to turn it up a little more on the deep days.

mtnaddict

Reaction score
I started the first day at 7lbs running the boost fuel at 5.5 and ran 12-12.2 on the a/F. The 2nd and 3rd day put in stiffer spring and it run 9ish maybe 9.5lbs @ 8000-8400ft with the boost fuel WFO only now the A/F was running 13-13.2. I checked the plug color and I felt comfortable with the tan color so ran it that way for the rest of the trip. It was running WAY better the last two days just glad I didnt stick the motor!

mtnaddict

Reaction score
I had
G- 1
Y- 4
R- 3-4
GB- 8
YB- 2
RB- 3-4

Hey m turbo do these kits leak the turbo oil if rolled over? I am just courious if I dare roll over to get out if I dont have any extra oil with.

Hilmer

Reaction score
Hey Mtnaddict. What are you running for fuel at 9lbs? What have you done with clutching. I have the PG Push kit and I don't think the clutching is right. Engagement is quite low and seems to shift out a bit quick so if I am running a bit fat it falls on it's face until full boost.

mtnaddict

Reaction score
The Last time out I was running 8lbs with 60% 100LL and 40% prem. at 9,000-10,000 ft with stock 2010 head and 2deg timing key. I had a little bog on takeoff then lowered my Fuel pressure from 40 to 38 and it got better but still noticeable might try turning it down 37 next time out. The cluthching I am not sure on I will have to check I believe it is 77 gram cat weights with 36-46 helix springs I am unsure. It was engaging about 3500 i think didnt pay alot of attention because it was working pretty good and it pulls 8200 up the hills.

beeonaplug

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.highcountrytrailrides.ca.
I had

Hey m turbo do these kits leak the turbo oil if rolled over? I am just courious if I dare roll over to get out if I dont have any extra oil with.

I don't know what the push oil res uses for a lid if it's sealed or not. I put a sealed lid on my oil res and a small vent line that runs up to the top of my coolant tank, then it loops down and exits out the bottom. This way the sled can sit upside down and will at most loose a few drops.
What kind of oil does the push turbos recommend using for the turbo? just curious, I have been using 2 stroke oil on my system.

Top Bottom