Punta Cana

scottp

Reaction score
Just booked a trip to Punta Cana. Never been there before and wondering what there are for cool or must do excursions and if US$ of local currency is best to take.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been a while since I was there but best memories was isla saona. Small island on the south tip. Get on the boat and go, truly an island paradise.
if you like to dive/snorkel ask to dive for the starfish off shore on the way home, so cool, Maga size starfish on a sand bottom 1km off shore.
very fun.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take US currency. You will need $10.00 US each at the airport to enter and $20.00 US each to get out.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you wear your Canadian flag. They are not too happy with Americans right now :)

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The coffee tour is pretty good. They take you into the hills and you get to see some of the inland. We took the public bus to Higuey and spent a day...what an eye opener. I took the kids on a snorkle trip and it was the sh..s. All the other tours were in the same spot and ended up 300 people with snorkles and flippers all in one spot

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Higuey, there's an eye opener hey. Very poor.
Right eh? Went to the farmers market. Anything that could be caught and skinned were hanging ready for sale. The bus ride was great also. Fighting cocks, a goat lots of people in rubber boots and sit down and hold on.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Zip lining , must do in my books. We were there in 2010 and they were building a km long line. Man that would be sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Punta Cana a few years ago. We stayed at the Occidental Punta Cana. We did zip lining which was awesome. They put us in an old army truck thing and drove us thru town into the rural area and eventually up a goat trail to the zip line area. We also did a speedboat/catamaran tour. We started on the speedboat, saw some sights, snorkelled a mile off a beach on a sand bar, went to the beach for lunch than on catamaran back. Im glad it was catamaran to finish the trip as I drank my face off and slept the hour bus ride back to the resort. I don't recall what I paid for the excursions, but they were worth every penny.

Have to add this. We did a half day surf lesson with a fella we were referred to by staff. He picked us up, gave us a real surf lesson (on beach and in water, and didn't just push us into the waves like others, he made us work and do it right)

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Attracti..._La_Altagracia_Province_Dominican_Republ.html

Last edited:
Top Bottom