Protective Vests?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to find a tekvest in Edmonton? I like the idea of not donating the other half to Klim.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, those prices are VERY close to Klim. Maybe it's worth the extra $20-30 for the Klim warranty.

Hmmmmm.........Offroad freestyle Tekvest from Royal in XL = $269.99 Canadian
Klim version in XL from their website = $279.99 US = $325.27 Canadian at todays exchange

Unless someone's selling Klim for a better price in Canada I think the difference is a bit more than $20 or $30.

X-Treme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.robinsautomotive.ca
Hmmmmm.........Offroad freestyle Tekvest from Royal in XL = $269.99 Canadian
Klim version in XL from their website = $279.99 US = $325.27 Canadian at todays exchange

Unless someone's selling Klim for a better price in Canada I think the difference is a bit more than $20 or $30.

If you go to the Klim Canadian site, XL is $299CDN. I think free shipping too. Yup. Free shipping. Just checked it again.

Edit.... AND XS is LESS than RD at $229CDN

Last edited:

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
509 has a tek vest labeled version too...........

$299 american for some spray paint on it.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When I bought my vest I went with the Klim as they had specified larger venting holes than Tekvest (the manufacturer). There was also no price difference between the two at that time.

J-Roc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After years of wanting one, I finally bought a motor fist last season.

Love it! I do need to reconsider my layering though, as with my current jacket it is waaaayyyy to warm.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After years of wanting one, I finally bought a motor fist last season.

Love it! I do need to reconsider my layering though, as with my current jacket it is waaaayyyy to warm.

Thats a evs one... How is it? Is the neck part removable? Side protection? The evs from royal is $100 cheaper than the tek vest brand....

Toro

Reaction score
The first ride of the season on the new T3 didn't work out so well, sled flipped over and I landed on the A-arms with my side. This resulted in some broken ribs. Just wondering which vests people are wearing, I want to wear it under my avy pack. I did a quick search and only came up with 3 yr old threads, there's gotta be some cool light stuff out there. Any info would be great. Thanks.
Klim Tekvest, chest and shoulder protection, there's some light weight stuff kicking around but I have doubts as to how well it would actually work and it just seems to be padded in critical areas. Have a look at the Tekvest and then look at the others and think about which one you would want to be wearing in an impact situation. I've been wearing one for years since I cracked my sternum years ago on the handle bars of my sled.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim Tekvest, chest and shoulder protection, there's some light weight stuff kicking around but I have doubts as to how well it would actually work and it just seems to be padded in critical areas. Have a look at the Tekvest and then look at the others and think about which one you would want to be wearing in an impact situation. I've been wearing one for years since I cracked my sternum years ago on the handle bars of my sled.

i put my mx one on last night and tested it, it takes quite a hit but uses its shape to take the force. the shoulders and back piece make it unable to fit under a jacket.... the under jersey mx ones are "roost deflectors" not chest protectors...and the under jersey "chest protectors are $200+ so might as well get a snowmobile specific one. the EVS is $200

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got my klim tekvest from a certain sled shop in town for 240. I'm not gonna name them here cause I don't want them getting harassed with people wanting a cheap price. I got the good price cause I have been a good customer of theirs.

Toro

Reaction score
Not to be rude but personally price (within reason) doesn't come into play for me and probably not for other guys that have been injured, the extra cash is money I would have spent on something else. Buy one keeping in mind what is going to keep you safe. Yes the Tekvest is bulky but once I hit the trail I forget all about it.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a Tekrider Trail Pro Tekvest brand new large with shoulder pads never used $450.00. It retails $420.00 for vest and $80.00 for pads, message me.

Rufer19

Reaction score
I just purchased the Fox Titan jacket. This jacket fits real nice and snug and has shoulder arm and forearm protection. The only problem I have with it is I haven't found a good way to fit my Atlas neck brace while wearing the Titan jacket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats a evs one... How is it? Is the neck part removable? Side protection? The evs from royal is $100 cheaper than the tek vest brand....

I have the EVS vest also. The neck part is removable and is nice on cold days and there is good side protection. It is also warm. I love mine.

Top Bottom