Protective Vests?

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The first ride of the season on the new T3 didn't work out so well, sled flipped over and I landed on the A-arms with my side. This resulted in some broken ribs. Just wondering which vests people are wearing, I want to wear it under my avy pack. I did a quick search and only came up with 3 yr old threads, there's gotta be some cool light stuff out there. Any info would be great. Thanks.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most of the ultra light stuff doesn't give you side protection. Tekvest gives you all around protection. I wore one under my avi pack with no problems till I switched to an avi vest with built in chest protection, so now I once again have no side protecton. Hmmmm, you've got me re-thinking this now.

gmustangt

Reaction score
I wear a demon protective vest , stretches ad moves well , I wear it as a mid layer.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tekvest all the way.... they feel weird at first but once you get use to them you cant ride without them. you will find you need to dress a bit lighter and that your pack doesn't weight your shoulders.

We ride the Klim tekvest and mine has saved me from more then just my sled.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually wear a Tekvest as a midlayer, or I wear the Snowpulse avy vest with armour over my gear. But I have places to be when I'm not sledding and can't afford time off for injuries. As I get older I've realized I don't "bounce" like I used to...

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tekvest all the way.... they feel weird at first but once you get use to them you cant ride without them. you will find you need to dress a bit lighter and that your pack doesn't weight your shoulders.

We ride the Klim tekvest and mine has saved me from more then just my sled.

Under or over jacket?

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife got me an EVS vest last season and I love it. It is similar to the tekvest in that it gives side protection to your ribs as well as front and back. Mine also has a fleece neck piece that is removable. They are warm to wear so layers is the way to go when wearin one and they do help with the straps not cutting into your shoulders. I wear mine under my jacket. Hope this helps.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife got me an EVS vest last season and I love it. It is similar to the tekvest in that it gives side protection to your ribs as well as front and back. Mine also has a fleece neck piece that is removable. They are warm to wear so layers is the way to go when wearin one and they do help with the straps not cutting into your shoulders. I wear mine under my jacket. Hope this helps.

I have one too. Its ok. I find it bulky but when i dont wear it I sometimes wind up paying the price lol

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have one too. Its ok. I find it bulky but when i dont wear it I sometimes wind up paying the price lol

I did to at first but now am not entirely comfortable without it. A couple weeks sittin up to sleep is not something I want to go through again.

stomper

Reaction score
I did to at first but now am not entirely comfortable without it. A couple weeks sittin up to sleep is not something I want to go through again.
Been there done that too so now its a tek vest under my Klim jacket. Keeps you warm on the colder days but sometimes too warm when its only -5 or so. A handle bar in the ribs once is all it took for me to be convinced!

meierjn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear a Klim Tek Vest. Spent a very sore month a few years ago after going through the bars then the windshield. I had a bruise on my chest the size of a volleyball! Its nice and warm too.

jerrydecoy

Reaction score
X4 or 5 or whatever it is for the tekvest. Love mine! I think it's saved me from missing a day or two of work!!!

Sent from my iPad using

Big nasty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, looks like i'm gonna try the tekvest. Yes it really does suck sitting up to sleep.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wear a Klim Tek Vest. Spent a very sore month a few years ago after going through the bars then the windshield. I had a bruise on my chest the size of a volleyball! Its nice and warm too.

this is my issue.....im sweating enough i dont need extra warmth....or i need a colder jacket. My motorfist recons a little hot for near melting temps

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that I read a month or 2 ago that "someone" has a tekvest that doesn't say Klim on it, that is like half the price of the Klim. EXACTLY the same vest. True story?

Yup. Tekvest. Klim just puts their name on 'em..........they don't make 'em.

Top Bottom