Protection

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, gotcha... Again :d

I haven't found a chest protector that is comfortable enough for sledding yet. Going to try the Tekvest this year I think. Sucks to order online and then not have the fit :( This will be number three for me :eek:

I wear the BRP tekvest. Can't live without it! (;
I fit quite comfortably in a small!

Last edited:

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
....So many comments could be made regarding this post.... Going to bite my tongue......... :rolleyes:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, too funny!!!! My mind went straight to the gutter after reading some of these posts, but I'll just leave the pervy comments up to the boys :ignore:

Thanks Sara, I checked out the Icon site, looks like a good product and a decent price too. Never thought about street gear as an option, very creative!

Is the BRP Tekvest the same as the Klim Tekvest?

Do any of you girls wear an avy pack? Mine pulls tight accross my chest, and that seems to be the biggest problem with chest protection. I did move the strap up about an inch and a half so it's not tight in the worst spot.

Would be nice to be able to try stuff on before buying :(

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, too funny!!!! My mind went straight to the gutter after reading some of these posts, but I'll just leave the pervy comments up to the boys :ignore:

Thanks Sara, I checked out the Icon site, looks like a good product and a decent price too. Never thought about street gear as an option, very creative!

Do any of you girls wear an avy pack? Mine pulls tight accross my chest, and that seems to be the biggest problem with chest protection. I did move the strap up about an inch and a half so it's not tight in the worst spot.

I think they are all made by Tek vest and just branded with their own logos. You should talk to the folks at Tek vest about their sizing. There are a lot more women getting into the sport and you need to be accommodated

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So far im only rockin the fox knee/shin pads. 2 velcro straps, protect above on and below the knee, couldn't fathom riding without them now!

Chest/rib protection I'm interested in, and i'm also wearing an avy bag like powderpilot. Need some non restrictive options that aren't too thermal.

Sledmamma uses the 661 coresaver i think? hopefully she chimes in, it looks pretty good cause its like a skin suit of armor :)

ya that was a great idea sara, definately wouldn't of thought of going that route, i always just picture my chest protector and go hmm nope. But mx also has some thinner ones than your wearing but similar design might be worth checkin out for some of us!

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone or has anyone sledded with a neck brace thing? I'm considering getting one after spraining my neck last season.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone or has anyone sledded with a neck brace thing? I'm considering getting one after spraining my neck last season.

You mean the Leat Brace? I've seen a few guys that wear them. They're pretty pricy, but if you go to hookit.com you can probably get into their sponsorship program and get a good discount. I know they were looking for sledders to sponsor last year.

Klim has the Tekvest in XS, but currently sold out. I tried JC's Small, and it was on the large side, and forgot to put my pack on with it :( I hear you can sort of shape the chest to fit too.

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if thats the case i need a volunteer to 'shape' mine please hahah it'll stay rock solid flat if it's left to me and my chest lol

the neck brace is probably a good idea, there between 350-550 depending what your looking for out of it.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean the Leat Brace? I've seen a few guys that wear them. They're pretty pricy, but if you go to hookit.com you can probably get into their sponsorship program and get a good discount. I know they were looking for sledders to sponsor last year.

Klim has the Tekvest in XS, but currently sold out. I tried JC's Small, and it was on the large side, and forgot to put my pack on with it :( I hear you can sort of shape the chest to fit too.

They have a deal on hookit right now for the Leatt braces but they can't ship to Canada at the moment. Gotta contact Leatt direct.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They have a deal on hookit right now for the Leatt braces but they can't ship to Canada at the moment. Gotta contact Leatt direct.

You could get it shipped to the States and I could pick it up for you. We have a US shipping address, it's close to home for us :)

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I could fit into a small. Would have to cut it off though.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

powdergirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Im a big chested girl and what i like about my tech vest is that you can make it fit how you like and its easy to move in which makes it nice for sledding and quading and also it has a scale like spine on the back as extra protection on your back

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

we have them at Main Jet too Rowdy. Next time you come for a visit, we can set you up with one to try. They are really good. They work in conjunction with the Leatt chest protectors.

Snow Angel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BRP TekVest has straps on the sides for adjustment so it's pretty nice when you want to layer up a bit more underneath. Plus it's extra long at the back so it goes right down to the top of my tailbone but it doesn't ever get in the way.

Tekrider

Top Bottom