Protection

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey ladies!!! Just wanted to hear your thoughts on last year's protective gear. There's still not a lot available for us ladies, so I'd love to hear what worked, or didn't work for you.

I got the TLD Shockdoctors knee/shin pads, and they are absolutely amazing! They fit like a glove with or without my thermal layer. They're a men's. product, but they come in an XS.

I also love my Klim Inversion gloves, and couldn't live without them :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear Fox shin/knee pads.. love them.. and I wear a Thor Chest protector.. I'm used to it now, but I look forward to exploring more options this next year. My lid is a fox helmet and to stay warm and dry, Motorfist outerwear, and mid layer.. Love the fist stuff for sure.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, gotcha... Again :d

I haven't found a chest protector that is comfortable enough for sledding yet. Going to try the Tekvest this year I think. Sucks to order online and then not have the fit :( This will be number three for me :eek:

dooryder

XP V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
nuff said!!

Attachments

• condom.jpg
    condom.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 397

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha, gotcha... Again :d

I haven't found a chest protector that is comfotable enough for sledding yet. Going to try the Tekvest this year I think. Sucks to order online and then not have the fit :( This will be number three for me :eek:

No broken ribs for her pleasure?

Skadi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I LOVE my evs protection... I think EVS has been making protection gear for the dirt biking community for a long time and they have a WIDE variety of stuff. I may not be big enough inthe chest to test out that for any of the girls but I was REALLY happy with my chest protection (comfort and function) this season! Also, as far as knee/shin guards go.. litle word of advice I found out the hard way on my dirtbike... get knee/shin guards that attach on below AND above the knee... with the over the boot moto pants and sledding pants the guard is allowed to move around if you get the older style that only has straps on the bottom... Those are meant for UNDER the boot, tight fitting moto pants!! the top of the knne guard TOTALLY can flop down or to the side if you don't have something to keep it in place and you knee cap will be totally exposed!!

I wear the lighter chest protector EVS puts out (I think it's like the roost 4 or something like that?? i can look if anyone is interested)... I don't want a ton crap on that I have to deal with weight, movement hindrence OR insulation AND, i know I can take a hit fairly well so this one works perfect for me. Fit is great, adjustability is great and even better, they're arond $50!!! not 200 like some of these vest people want to charge!!

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I LOVE my evs protection... I think EVS has been making protection gear for the dirt biking community for a long time and they have a WIDE variety of stuff. I may not be big enough inthe chest to test out that for any of the girls but I was REALLY happy with my chest protection (comfort and function) this season! Also, as far as knee/shin guards go.. litle word of advice I found out the hard way on my dirtbike... get knee/shin guards that attach on below AND above the knee... with the over the boot moto pants and sledding pants the guard is allowed to move around if you get the older style that only has straps on the bottom... Those are meant for UNDER the boot, tight fitting moto pants!! the top of the knne guard TOTALLY can flop down or to the side if you don't have something to keep it in place and you knee cap will be totally exposed!!

I wear the lighter chest protector EVS puts out (I think it's like the roost 4 or something like that?? i can look if anyone is interested)... I don't want a ton crap on that I have to deal with weight, movement hindrence OR insulation AND, i know I can take a hit fairly well so this one works perfect for me. Fit is great, adjustability is great and even better, they're arond $50!!! not 200 like some of these vest people want to charge!!

The EVS Roost 4 is really comfy! The back plate comes off easily enough if you wear an avy pack. Only problem for me is they don't make them in my size. Youth is way too small, and the one adult side is way too big. One size fits all doesn't really apply I guess :(

10-4 on the knee pads Skadi! The TLD ones are like a compression style, so you can even wear them with shorts.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thread I need to get some new protection for next season.

Top Bottom