Protection

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sent an email to Tekrider a while ago and got this email from them this morning. Maybe they just need to know that they need to increase production of your sizes.

My apologies for the tardy response. Thanks for taking the time to send us the link and feedback. Fortunately our Tekvest sizing is very generous and the soft armor configuration enables the user, females included , to mould the armor panels by hand to achieve a form fit. Continued use and body heat only improves the fit. We have a very successful relationship with Sled Divas and make them a custom version which uses our standard sizing and their styling; Divas SnowGear - Search Results for "tekvest"

Cheers

Steve

Steve Brand
Senior Test Pilot
Tekrider
4538 County Road 121
Minden, Ontario, Canada, K0M2A1
PH: 705 488 2929 FAX:705 488 1633
CELL/SMS: 416 271 6844
Tekrider

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i think i really need a chest protector this year, i had surgery in the summer ;) so the girls need to be protected!!! Has anyone ordered that tekrider vest? I should really find a place and try it on i think..

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i think i really need a chest protector this year, i had surgery in the summer ;) so the girls need to be protected!!! Has anyone ordered that tekrider vest? I should really find a place and try it on i think..
What happened to the "this post is useless without pictures" smiley?
Don't know about ft Mac but Martin had Tekvests in stock last year.

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hahaha well i wont be posting a pic of that!

hrm.. im going to call around here see if anyone has them but looks like ill be checking some spots on the way to the mountains!

sledbunny20

Reaction score
Winnipeg most of the time and BC whatever chance I
Sicamous in on the 16th...then there for most of the holidays, going to ride and ski :) my new sled should be done for that weekend, the powder coating is being done as we speak...fingers crossed it all gets put together in time or I will ride one of his but really want mine to be ready!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My two cents:

I wear a 661 coresaver that is a size Youth Medium. It fits like a glove, since I'm built like a 12yr old boy with a flat chest and excessively long legs. One experience torpedoing into the bars and relocating my throttle assembly with my right nipple was enough to convince me to man up and protect my assets. I also like that it adds an extra layer of warmth and protects my shoulders from the heavy straps of my avy bag... Lotsa people don't like them bcz they ride up, but I don't seem to have that issue.

Hmmm... What else? I also use youth EVS shin and knee guards, as well as have padding built in on my sled. OMG what a world of difference! My poor knees used to be black and blue after a weekend, but no more. I don't know how I went so long without them. I wear a Fly helmet and love it because it has a wide field of view and is relatively light. I also wear an avy bag- it is big and heavy with all my camera equipment, tipping the scales at 35-40lbs, but is surprisingly comfortable once on.

I also have a pair if Black Diamond mitts that I bought at a ski/snowboard store in Fernie that I wear on the trail when it's cold. Love those too.

That's it ;)

May I suggest a rink burger, maybe with cheese. haha

Ps. trade ya for some of my belly.

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i ordered the Sled Diva's tek vest in small.. here's hoping A) it covers the girls and B) i can breathe with it on :D

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
So i ordered the Sled Diva's tek vest in small.. here's hoping A) it covers the girls and B) i can breathe with it on :D

My petite wife wears my son's tek vest. He's much much larger. She tightens up the straps to the smallest it goes and happily tells me that it keeps all the jiggly parts in place and for that reason alone she won't ride without it. Now the protection it offers is secondary.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the Troy Lee Shock Doctor knee pads. Let the jokes begin! :p
Troy Lee Designs/Shock Doctor Padded Knee and Shin Guards
They are really comfy and offer great protection. I smashed my knees entirely too many times last winter. :(

Haa haa haa! That's awesome.. We had a sledding wedding, and my attire included my knee pads as we were going to shred after we said I do.. Oh man the jokes of me being a dream bride.. complete with kneepads .. lmao!

mtnlite

Reaction score
Decided I would make my first post here...I have been riding now for a number of years and I am obsessed with sledding (putting it mildly), I have put 7000 kms on my 2001 yamaha 500 mountainlite (it came with 1500 kms in 2005), looking to upgrade but as I am not yet ready to let her go, we put on a riser (may go higher), grippers on my running boards and I have been trying to stand up to ride more (not just out of necessity) the last 2 weekends I have used my chest to go/stop, (hubby is walking around the house singing oooh black boobie to the tune of Black Betty) I checked out this thread then went in search of.....you are all right...we need women's apparel etc...designed by women...anyways I purchased a Troy Lee Roost Protecter (men's small) I chose this as it was soooo lite and flexible (has shock doctor technology), the others were so heavy and/or hard I know I wouldn't wear them everytime. I have tried to find some reviews on this product but have found nothing of use. I will give an update the next time I slam myself into my handlebars/throttle/kill switch which at the rate I'm going should be this weekend.
Happy Sledding:D
Kim

Top Bottom