Protecting rockers on your truck?

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at adding a little protection to the lower portion of my truck. How many people have had something like Linex or Rhino liner sprayed on their rocker panels? Hoping it will help prevent paint chips and what not from getting any worse on the old girl. My truck is 2 tone (black on silver) so looking for something that can be colored to the silver accent.
Thanks

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at adding a little protection to the lower portion of my truck. How many people have had something like Linex or Rhino liner sprayed on their rocker panels? Hoping it will help prevent paint chips and what not from getting any worse on the old girl. My truck is 2 tone (black on silver) so looking for something that can be colored to the silver accent.
Thanks

I used rocker guard from canadian tire and it works alright. It still chips eventually and I have to put another coat on.

If my truck was newer I probably would have gone with rhino liner because it looks way better.

Have you seen greg johnsons f150? The whole thing is sprayed with line X, it looks awesome!

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had mine done over 2yrs ago now and it's holding up great! I'll be doing the bumpers as well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 309

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My friends truck was line-x coated or something similar and then painted the same color of his truck (silver). you couldnt see it unless you were up close and noticed the texture difference.

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will be using clear plastidip and the glossifier as black plastidip worked really well on my wheels through the winter.

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind running boards, go with the the one pc style. I put them on my last 3 or 4 trucks and with 30-40k gravel per year....paint looks great! When I sell my 3 year old truck with approx. 180,000 -220,000 km, guys are amazed that the paint is in such great shape based on the mileage (and gravel) that I do. I have been buying them in Edmonton at ~$850.00 installed.......Willmore chrome tube running boards

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you don't mind running boards, go with the the one pc style. I put them on my last 3 or 4 trucks and with 30-40k gravel per year....paint looks great! When I sell my 3 year old truck with approx. 180,000 -220,000 km, guys are amazed that the paint is in such great shape based on the mileage (and gravel) that I do. I have been buying them in Edmonton at ~$850.00 installed.......Willmore chrome tube running boards

these ones? my friends that farm in sask run these on their trucks. Work really well for gravel rash.

Attachments

• Chevy-Silverado-Willmore-Polished-Nerf-Board.jpg
    Chevy-Silverado-Willmore-Polished-Nerf-Board.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 272

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could also get something like Endura paint put on, a few shops here do it, and it is similar to what is sprayed on the inside of tanks to prevent corrosion. It can be tinted any color and has an orange peel look when done.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my rocker panels line-x'd on my '07 chev. I've got pain chips above the line-x (door dingers!) but nothing on the line-x. I think it's been 6 yrs now? The line-x coating was top coated white to match my truck. 195k on the truck. I also have running boards but no mud flaps.

I had them coat under the wheel flares and coat the flares as well. The wheel flares were rubbing on the body paint.

I'd do it again.

armascott

Armaguard
Reaction score
Armaguard all the way. Any colour you want, works awesome. I have had my last 3 trucks done with them.

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
park it in the garage and never drive it, they stay perfect that way

PS94

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live in Grande Prairie, and got Super Tint to put on the Lumar clear protection, like they wrapped the front of the truck with. it's clear, shiny, doesn't look like **** and can be pulled off and re-done if your crazy ex keys your doors and need them repainted...It was on a Crew Raptor and it was just over $1000 to do hood, upper bumper, lower bumper, fenders, mirrors and rockers. *edit* And by rockers I mean from the bottom of the truck to the first body line on the doors/fenders box etc.

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hers mine,line X,been great for the @ years ive had it.

Attachments

• alittle bit of eveything summer 2012 078.JPG
    alittle bit of eveything summer 2012 078.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 155

Jcoleman39

Reaction score
I had my rocker panels line-x'd on my '07 chev. I've got pain chips above the line-x (door dingers!) but nothing on the line-x. I think it's been 6 yrs now? The line-x coating was top coated white to match my truck. 195k on the truck. I also have running boards but no mud flaps.

I had them coat under the wheel flares and coat the flares as well. The wheel flares were rubbing on the body paint.

I'd do it again.

Any yellowing or mud/dirt stuck in the coating over time? Really interested in doing mine, but a buddy of mine spooked me when he asked a vendor to do his white truck.
Not sure who the vendor was..

Top Bottom