propane tank location?

funrider

Reaction score
Hi does anyone think locating the propane tank between the axles is a good idea? I want to set it up like a remote fill like auto's have. Is there a good place to buy a tank in Edmonton?
Thanks Bill

badsled

Reaction score
on our triton we mounted it in between the axles with 4 u bolts works well, still have to hook up hoses

funrider

Reaction score
has anyone done this? I heard the tank is different than the auto. liquid vs. gas delivery

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you at in nirthern alberta check a wreckers, pm for anumber

rondun

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the business. You can mount the tank in front of the axles depending on how long the trailer is. DO NOT GO BEHIND THE AXLES it throws off the trailer weight, The front will be too light and whip on you. If you go between the axles keep an eye on how far the axles move keep about 6in clearence. You can use an automotive tank (cheaper) or a vapour tank (harder to find) with a vapour valve and a automotive fill system with an 80% autostop you will have to get it certified in order to fill this tank. You will need a decal. We use channel iron 2X3 go across the frame you want no flex use 1/2 in grade 5 bolts w/lock nuts or lock washers. If you want more info e-mail me ron_dun@hotmail.com:):beer::):beer:

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We ordered our propane tank from adventurerv.com, its in the states but shipped to us with no problems!

Top Bottom