Pro vs E-tec

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was rather dissapointed out of the 200 sleds I saw this weekend not one new m8. I guess they are still all tipped on their sides removing air bubbles
Maybe you have to aclimatize them for sidehilling because of the grasshopper legs on the front of them?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks Maxwell for letting us know that the Pro ride would be your second choice,here on the Polaris forum, such a surprise

Take a breath warhawk. The pro is a wonderfull machine. As much as I talk about doo the pro would be my second choice. And we all know its working much better than those new m8s...!

How did this thread go from us talking about how much better the Pro is than the Doo, to how crappy the new Cats are? Here on the Polaris forum!!!

Evan1RMK

Reaction score
Rode with a new M8 this weekend and it did pretty well. Was prolly for accredited to my buddy riding it haha, but we were all pretty impressed with it. Handling was solid and power was very smooth. Needs a few minor adjustments but over all, pretty impressed. And im a polaris guy ;)

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both sleds perform nearly equally when equipped with the same track, gear, fuel, and rider ability on them. There's no need to further explain my comparison. It depends which hill you're on, which line you take, and how accustomed you are to riding each sled. My choice of buying the pro was basically based on it being significantly cheaper. Get out there and ride them yourselves and you'll find yourselves more at home on one or the other. There's no sense in letting someone else decide for you. It's your dollars after all.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Take a breath warhawk. The pro is a wonderfull machine. As much as I talk about doo the pro would be my first choice if there was no such thing as ski-doo. And we all know its working much better than those new m8s...!

Fixed it... No need to start fights max.

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
Hey thanks Maxwell for letting us know that the Pro ride would be your second choice,here on the Polaris forum, such a surprise

How did this thread go from us talking about how much better the Pro is than the Doo, to how crappy the new Cats are? Here on the Polaris forum!!!

This polaris forum sucks! No one has ANY fun here... Lets bounce maxwell!

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey thanks Maxwell for letting us know that the Pro ride would be your second choice,here on the Polaris forum, such a surprise How did this thread go from us talking about how much better the Pro is than the Doo, to how crappy the new Cats are? Here on the Polaris forum!!!
Ya. Hate to break it to you but ev er since the new posts feature the brand sections no longer exist. And with the title of this thread of course I'm going to bite. Why is there a pro vs etec thread in the poolaris section anyways.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya. Hate to break it to you but ev er since the new posts feature the brand sections no longer exist. And with the title of this thread of course I'm going to bite. Why is there a pro vs etec thread in the poolaris section anyways.

Sounds to me it was a backhanded invitation over to their place for a little good natured fun.

jaredszakacs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the comment of the doo's wash out on sidehills because of its panelling bahahahahaha I have yet to have my sled wash out on a side hill because of its panelling that sled digs in deeper and turns higher up the hill the new etec is amazing at handling and if you cant tip it on its side you might wanna hit the gym as i'm only 150 lbs and can toss it all over the place lol I love both sleds both are amazing machines but the etec does climb higher it's a doo thing

thebigm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.eagleriver.ca
I was rather dissapointed out of the 200 sleds I saw this weekend not one new m8. I guess they are still all tipped on their sides removing air bubbles

I was in McBride this past weekend with a buddy who had the new 2012 800 Cat w/163. I had a new 2012 Pro 800 w/163. 5 other sleds as well. Sorry no legendary Etec in sight. But both machines handled fantastic, no problems with the new Cat it performed flawlessly. However it didnt matter who we put on either machine and we switched lots, the Pro out pulled the Cat everytime. I'm still a Cat fan, but after trying my new Pro, I will be trading sides for this year.

Cheers,

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in McBride this past weekend with a buddy who had the new 2012 800 Cat w/163. I had a new 2012 Pro 800 w/163. 5 other sleds as well. Sorry no legendary Etec in sight. But both machines handled fantastic, no problems with the new Cat it performed flawlessly. However it didnt matter who we put on either machine and we switched lots, the Pro out pulled the Cat everytime. I'm still a Cat fan, but after trying my new Pro, I will be trading sides for this year.

Cheers,

well cat is running a 2.25 inch track. polaris a 2.4. i would imagine the difference is in that. although im still not a fan of the polaris factory track. we have one coming out this weekend with a 2.5 so well see how that does against the etec. i hope it murders me .

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well cat is running a 2.25 inch track. polaris a 2.4. i would imagine the difference is in that. although im still not a fan of the polaris factory track. we have one coming out this weekend with a 2.5 so well see how that does against the etec. i hope it murders me .

I hope it just mutes you, murder would be harsh.

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Pro vs E-tec

Well if there really are any Pro riders on here that would like to do some head to head comparisons this weekend I will be at Allen Creek with my 2012 163 X
I have no idea how well it will perform yet as its not been on the snow , but I will show up and ride with anyone who's willing.

cheers

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hate to put a damper in the contest but this weekend is probably not the greatest choice.... Unless its a technical riding comparison. The big hills are likely going to be super unstable if you're into checking the avy conditions. The pro and etec both lose if no one lives to tell about it.

Sent from my eYefone using Tapatalk

turboassault

Reaction score
Yup first thing first make sure you come home alive all the brand bashing is fun but doesnt mean a thing if someone gets buried. Its been fun to hear everyones opinion but at the time of starting this thread i had already owned my pro for about three months. Just thought i would stir the pot a little and it worked. My sled is almost done and ready for the hills next weekend!!! So enough talky its time to ride!!!!

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive already beat a pro head to head in a straight line take off and drag race up a decent hill. isnt that all the proof that is needed??

Right..... those are drag race sleds for sure. Pretty sure they are mountain machines and you wont be drag racing on any decent snow covered hills. JMO.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Right..... those are drag race sleds for sure. Pretty sure they are mountain machines and you wont be drag racing on any decent snow covered hills. JMO.

The Doo clutches are great for drag racing, Polaris/Cat style clutches apply more belt squeze (? spelling) at wide open throttle.

Last edited:

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive already beat a pro head to head in a straight line take off and drag race up a decent hill. isnt that all the proof that is needed??

Now try it on a decent hill with a couple feet of fresh and lots of trees - if you're straight line sled is up to the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

Reactions: cs5

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now try it on a decent hill with a couple feet of fresh and lots of trees - if you're straight line sled is up to the challenge.

Sent from my iPhone when I should be sledding.

The sled is more than capable for the challenge. But are the riders? Lol.

Top Bottom