Pro RMK rough ride

sykes59

Reaction score
Just got a 2012 Pro and have put about 500 miles on it. The problem i have is the ride up the trail is so rough im beat up by the time i get to the deep stuff! I have tried adjusting the suspension but can not get it to ride half as smooth as the Doo's or new M8. I have not heard of any ride problems with the pro so am thinking I have a bad shock! Any other ideas would be appreciated!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the lighter they are the rougher they ride. Chassis just doesn't absorb shock as well. Thats my theory. Lol.

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My husband tricked me into riding his down the trail instead of my ProClimb. That won't be happening again...

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a 2012 Pro and have put about 500 miles on it. The problem i have is the ride up the trail is so rough im beat up by the time i get to the deep stuff! I have tried adjusting the suspension but can not get it to ride half as smooth as the Doo's or new M8. I have not heard of any ride problems with the pro so am thinking I have a bad shock! Any other ideas would be appreciated!

What is your rider weight? I adjusted my rear track shock to the specs as per the owners manual and it was a little better, but still had a bottoming/rough feeling to it - so I cranked the front track shock up a bit and now it is SWEET!! Probably the best weight transfer of any stock skid I have ever rode.

• Recommends
Reactions: cs5

WesG

Reaction score
Shock preload is very very important on the pro's. Much more so than any other sled I have ridden to the point of it will ride like poop when two people of say 30 lb weight difference try the same sled. Play with it and the ride will improve greatly for the primary user. JMHO

If that does not get it to satisfaction get some zbroz. They are unreal!

sykes59

Reaction score
190 lbs with gear. Had it set at spec and tried turning it down two turns after a few miles the rear shock was collapsed most of the way. gonna take the shock in today to get checked out!

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
190 lbs with gear. Had it set at spec and tried turning it down two turns after a few miles the rear shock was collapsed most of the way. gonna take the shock in today to get checked out!

Almost sounds like the shock may be lacking Nitrogen Pressure!?!? Also...make sure you keep your skid well greased:)

Beels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is the same on the trail. That's my only real complaint with this sled. Planning on doing the KMod / Raptor conversion this summer. I'm closer to 240lbs geared up and on a beat up trail, it kicks my ass. I have the rear preload set as per the manual. Went some more, but I'm at the point where it'll coil bind it I go any further.

The thing is it works so damn well in the powder / on the hill...

Top Bottom