Pro RMK accessories power hook up

Snow Guy

Reaction score
Bought a pro, and I was wondering if there some place I can get power for a heated visor. Non electric start or I would just hook to the battery.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alberta chad

Reaction score
Look in Velcro enclosed electrical connection. Is located just above primary clutch. There is a accessories connection there.

Snow Guy

Reaction score
Ok thanks, I'll have to take a look to night

Snow Guy

Reaction score
Found 4 plugs, one DC pwr, AC pwr, ECM pwr and another with 2 wires going to it that is not labeled. I'm guessing the ECM is engine control module, DC is direct current and AC is alternating current, no idea about the 4th.
Is one of these a place I can get power for my heated visor?
Thanks

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found 4 plugs, one DC pwr, AC pwr, ECM pwr and another with 2 wires going to it that is not labeled. I'm guessing the ECM is engine control module, DC is direct current and AC is alternating current, no idea about the 4th.
Is one of these a place I can get power for my heated visor?
Thanks

DC power- Direct Current
AC power- Alternating Current
ECM Power- Use this plug to power up the ECM without starting (diagnostics)
Plug with no label- If this plug is in-between the over structure and has a black plug that accepts flat blade connectors it is your tether connector.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a plug up in behind the Gauge cluster. If you have the hood off and look up into the pocket behind the light its a Male/Female Black plug accepts exact same plug. Its DC power.

You need a DC power for your heated visor.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought there was a plug up in behind the Gauge cluster. If you have the hood off and look up into the pocket behind the light its a Male/Female Black plug accepts exact same plug. Its DC power.

You need a DC power for your heated visor.

A heated visor requires either dc or ac, just like heated grips or thumb warmer. It is just a resistance, so voltage supply doesn't matter, just make sure you fuse it.

DC power is recommended because you will have consistent voltage throughout the rpm band, AC you will have lower voltage at lower rpm.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

alberta chad

Reaction score
The top of the over structure is where the tether plug goes. No nothing else to do. Just plug in the tether to it and tape off the spare sites that come with the tether. Found this out the long way. Lol

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The top of the over structure is where the tether plug goes. No nothing else to do. Just plug in the tether to it and tape off the spare sites that come with the tether. Found this out the long way. Lol

We will keep that in mind as we help this fellow with his heated visor power. Thanks but......

Snow Guy

Reaction score
Checked for power in the plugs that are just under the handle bars, nether of the 2 plugs had power. But I found a plug up by the headlights that has 12 volts, anyone know what this plug is for and if I can get power from it for my visor?
Thanks

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Checked for power in the plugs that are just under the handle bars, nether of the 2 plugs had power. But I found a plug up by the headlights that has 12 volts, anyone know what this plug is for and if I can get power from it for my visor?
Thanks

Thats the one I would use.

Top Bottom