prince george sledders take a hit on global bc this morning

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rocky mountains are on both sides Alberta and BC. Why does alberta have to come to the bc side to go sledding and quadding? Just wondering... seems very odd to me.

I'll answer this as a serious question. You get more snow due to upslope conditions. The prevailing weather patterns move from west to east. As the clouds gain altitude they can't keep the moisture in suspension so they drop it in the form of snow. Once they are over the mountains they have very little moisture left so the eastern slopes of the mountains don't get nearly as much snow. As for quadding I have no idea other than people are probably familiar with your areas because they sled there.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And it seems like you guys turned your atving into a real gong show as well.

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe the helicopter should be used to monitor areas, at a distance, then send in the PO PO to issue the required disciplinary action for non compliance. Such technical wording for doing dumb ch!t. Simple stay out and don't mess it up for the rest of us that actually learned how to read, form line ups and social skills as children. I will argue the fact that there is no doubt in my mind that the media was all over this like a dog with a bone and sensationalized the crap out of things. Like the part in the video the two sleds racing on that already tracked out area. Please inform the masses that the area they showed was a legal area for all sledders to in and probably paid memberships or trail fees.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Because the national parks take up all the good terrain and snow.

Tough ch!t. Deal with it. :cool:

It's not like very many Albertaners go to PG or Nelson anyways.

Rocky mountains are on both sides Alberta and BC. Why does alberta have to come to the bc side to go sledding and quadding? Just wondering... seems very odd to me.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
P.g is lame.

Nelson well.

Never road there but seeing as willys from there abouts I'm staying away from pee wee Herman ( Willy ).

from my HTC

nathan#19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden into a closed area accidentally before and it was the guys I was with that stopped me because they knew where to look for the signs. There is 180 sides to every tree and if u happen to only see the other side of the tree you could go a long ways and not see more. Just putting up signs is not enough. Unless you know the area very well it's easy to miss them.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
P.g is lame.

Nelson well.

Never road there but seeing as willys from there abouts I'm staying away from pee wee Herman ( Willy ).

from my HTC

Must be smokin the crack pipe tex lol. I seen some pretty decent pics that sled mama has shown Looks good to me

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have ridden into a closed area accidentally before and it was the guys I was with that stopped me because they knew where to look for the signs. There is 180 sides to every tree and if u happen to only see the other side of the tree you could go a long ways and not see more. Just putting up signs is not enough. Unless you know the area very well it's easy to miss them.
Either way, the law says it is up to the sledder to know where they can or can't ride. Can't sign the whole wilderness.

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Either way, the law says it is up to the sledder to know where they can or can't ride. Can't sign the whole wilderness.

funny you say that because along the bowron fsr east of prince george they did sign everything, every raod and trail. it is handy you cannot go wrong.
it is a very large area that they did it in i was suprised.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be smokin the crack pipe tex lol. I seen some pretty decent pics that sled mama has shown Looks good to me

Mabe I didn't go to the right places in p.g.
I have even road south towards Williams lake and 100 mile house.

Best place I found ( long drive tho ) was east of horsefly.

If the gravel road went through it would be close to Valemount.

from my HTC

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks JaySimon, i now know what that cougar was eating, and when he is doing the killing. I just assumed they ate deer, crap do they ever do a number on the caribou herds. I wished i had kept that game camera picture of the 3 cougars now. It should only take them about 10 years to do a number on the hart range herds. So stay out of the closed areas, so we are not the ones blamed when this happens. Pg never used to have any cougars. Of coarse bear was the second killer, and we have a ton of those...more that ever.

Last edited:
Top Bottom