Primary & Secondary Clutch springs

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I Fired up the sled for the first time in a few months, was thinking about stuff as it sat there and burned up the last bit of last years gas and stabiliser :confused: I enjoyed the smell of the 2 stroke smoke as I usually do... brings back all the memmories of snowbiling over the last 30 years. :d

Anyhow... How often do you guys swap out your clutch springs? Primary and driven. I have 4491 kliks on the stock springs. I have seen them fail (break) with less miles in the past on other sleds. I know they are cheap.. 25.00 bucks each. I should just replace them now, ofcourse.

Cheap maintenance I guess.. just thought I'd throw this out there before we all get out for the first ride. Something to think about.

Your input is welcome :)

slabm7

Reaction score
Well I have about 3000 kms on mine and its going to get new springs and rollers this year, as well as a clutch kit. I think at 4500 it would be time to replace them.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Riding an 01 700 Highmark. It has mods to the chassis, but the engine is stock. Speedo shows 1200 miles,but I bought it used 4 years ago. I only ride it in the Rockies in BC. With the soft springs in both clutches starting out in the deep snow was almost impossible. The primary would not grab the belt properly, so there was a lot of slippage and of course, a lot of heat.The belt would squeal at the start,get hot, then finally grab and I would dig a trench. With the sacked spring in the secondary, it would not upshift or downshift properly. Not great in 3-4 feet of snow.Then my buddy asks me when I changed them last, and I say "Duh". Now she works like she's supposed to and it is much nicer to ride. My brother just gave me a Team roller for the secondary, so I'm looking forward to this season.

Top Bottom