primary clutch wearing through side panel?

brochu79

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is braces, reinforcements or something that would prevent my clutch from wearing through my side panels when I boon dock or side hill???

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is braces, reinforcements or something that would prevent my clutch from wearing through my side panels when I boon dock or side hill???

You need to glue a small piece of sheet metal on the inside of the side panel. A must-doo mod.

brochu79

Reaction score
OK, makes sense that just prevents the panel from bending? does the clutch ever rub the metal?

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
You need to glue a small piece of sheet metal on the inside of the side panel. A must-doo mod.

Good idea ......... noticed mine dooing the same thing. What did you glue it on with?? Heat resistant silicone??

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good idea ......... noticed mine dooing the same thing. What did you glue it on with?? Heat resistant silicone??

Actually I used a piece of the stainless rocker panel stuff they use on pick-ups. It comes with 3m 2 way tape. GOOP glue also works really good.

snotwister

Reaction score
My guess is you removed the plastic gaurd from the clutch cover?If you did and didnt break of the tabs that it rivets to then just put it back on.

brochu79

Reaction score
ah, yes i did take that plastic cover off. so what your saying that plastic guard helps from the bottom flexing??

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even with the plastic clutch cover on, if you lay the sled on the side in hard snow, the side panel flexes enough to hit the clutch,

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm going to glue a piece of puck board on the inside of my panel. I had the primary touch my panel last week in Revy. We'll see how it holds up.

xpdoodoo

Reaction score
I used a 2" X 5" or so piece of 1/8" aluminum. Taped on with duct tape (black for cool factor:)) About 1" overlap on the tape all around. Two years no issues. This is light aluminum and it shouldn't hurt the clutch. Plastic must be clean for the tape though.

I do like the puck board idea as well, that would even be less wear if the clutch is rubbing for a few minutes while you are getting back on!

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a good idea to doo something for both clutches.:d

Attachments

• DSC00058.jpg
    DSC00058.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 113
Top Bottom