Pricing on new Duramax full load

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I'm still waiting to hear back from the dealer if they can find what I want and pricing to. Should find out this week

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought you were going to stay away from a diesel?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 2015 Longhorn 3/4T Diesel was listed at 83K and with rebates at year end I paid 64K with 0% included. Hard to hand over 64K when there s 0% included.

This will likely be my last new tuck for a very long time. Kept the last one 12 years cause I thought 43K was retarded!

DDrake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friend of mine just last week picked up a 16 2500 Denali diesel. Nice truck but on the wrong side of 80g's is a lot of money and he got fleet pricing through his work.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
I thought you were going to stay away from a diesel?

It's a tuff decision. I keep my trucks for a while so I don't know yet. After having Megan's 04 then going back to my truck it's just so different. Cost me $200 in gas to go to radium and back last weekend and getting sick of watching the tach at 4000 rpm going up a hill lol. Just wish GM would've kept the 8.1 around

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a tuff decision. I keep my trucks for a while so I don't know yet. After having Megan's 04 then going back to my truck it's just so different. Cost me $200 in gas to go to radium and back last weekend and getting sick of watching the tach at 4000 rpm going up a hill lol. Just wish GM would've kept the 8.1 around
Yes sir, so do I

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

punch it more and watch the tach sit higher then ;)

I know lots of people that are missing that 8.1

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Hi mike,

I am looking at a slate gray gmc diesel. Jet black leather, sunroof and nav. List price is $82,000. Trade with programs on a finance deal is $22,000.

Difference for you is $59,835 + tax and fees. We can chat after the weekend and discuss if you are interested. Have a great long weekend Mike.

This is what I got today. What you guys think?

I assume with leather and navigation it's fully loaded minus the Denali stuff ..?

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they are discounting truck the normal 15-20 grand and giving you next to nothing for your trade.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't even talk trade until I have the price of the truck. Then I hit them with my trade. They are going to discount the trade but you have more leverage if you talk trade after you have their pricing.

VMR Canada isn't bad at giving wholesale and retail pricing for trades. It had been pretty accurate for the most part. You have to be willing to walk away if you don't agree to the price. I walked from a dealer in Edmonton over $1500. They figured I was sold but nope.

You also do not pay GST on your trade value. It sometimes isn't much but it adds up.

I did notice stock didn't last long. For a crappy economy trucks are selling fast. $82k msrp truck is no reason it can't me $72k or less then add your trade.

I benefitted from some helpful fleet pricing on my truck but there is no reason through some negotiation retail pricing can't be in the same ball park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^^^^^
I do the same thing grind them as far as they're willing to go before letting you walk out the door, then tell them you have a trade...

Bought my last chevy from Jim bell at lakewood chev tell him curtis crowley sent you he'll set you up...will set everything up over phone and have truck sent to you if need be...worth a call if your serious

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember , once you sign your name you instantly lost about 40000$....lol
let some one else take the hit .... Just sayin.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just remember , once you sign your name you instantly lost about 40000$....lol
let some one else take the hit .... Just sayin.

Not $40 on a diesel but you still loose.
US market is what's keeping the used up and locally we can't buy anything reasonable .

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For 45k you can buy some nice used trucks & no gst . Plus less financing cost ....
especially in these times ....
Sorry , I just can't see throwing tens of thousands of $$ away ...
once you drive it off the lot ,it's a used truck as well!
It may take some time to find that truck butt hat is a small price to pay considering the tens of thousands of $$ saved .

jmo opinion though, everyone has free will to make there own choices ...and that's good !

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you have $45k sitting in your bank account and kudos if you do, you are not avoiding finance costs on a used truck. At %5 that's $6000 just in interest depending on the term for what is likely a 3-4 year old truck that someone else has possibly abused.

Sure that is still $20,000 difference but if you take that used truck over five years and spend the $51000+ on used in five years you have at least a 8 year old truck.

Regardless if it's used or new you don't make money on it. Lol

Put pen to paper and figure out the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom