Pricing on new Duramax full load

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are still paying finance charges on a new one ( even at 0 % lol) & gst for sure.....
I agree you don't make money on a new / used truck ....
but throw the extra 30 k into your mortgage and trust me you will SAVE some money ..
in the long run ...
I know some pretty astute buisness men , all of them could write a check fora dozen new trucks tomorrow, yet they buy a used one ......
thats why they are well off.....hahaha

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of good used SXS's around as well but some choose too buy new and pay new price ????
Hahaha

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha ,you got me there.....!
Seriously everyone has free choice ...
but the car companies are "very creative " at convincing you how to save your $$$lol....

Use your "equity "so you are able to buy cash , or in other words put your extra $$$ into an appreciating asset that builds equity. Trucks /toys and the like are not that.....

This is just good sound financial advice , and leading off topic a bit though....

On the bright side people spending money , certainly keeps our economy going ....!!

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're financing, look at least a few % more for a used one. Also you're taking the chance of buying someone else's headache. I have never purchased a used vehicle that wasn't tinkered with or went "WTF where they thinking?" in someway. Spent the few extra dollars and bought new. $54k all in for a new 3500 diesel with decent options, imo bad. Also factor in less maintenance/repairs then used. I'll pay the extra few hundred a month and not have to worry about anything.

Used market is currently stupid. I look at the 03-07 trucks I bought and sold 5-7 years ago, they are still worth the same money now! Also hard to find a good deal on a 1-2 year old truck because a lot of people are idiots and paid too much and want what someone with common sense can buy new for.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So by your logic , you would of lost just about nothing on your used trucks once you sell them , had you bought them used ....

Good point !

Prsledder

Reaction score
I gave $48k for my 07 Duramax, $52 for my 13 Duramax and I don't want to pay over $62 the next one.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only says 0 % on 1/2 ton trucks and others except HDs.
4.99 % on HDs if wed site is correct.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post was for new full load trucks but anyhow with the US dollar being so much stronger than ours the Americans are coming up here and buying used trucks above their market value. Dealers in Southern Alberta won't even deal because they know they will get whatever they are asking on used stuff. US pricing is outrageous on used trucks if you thought it was high up here.

With the auto manufacturers not producing a lot of trucks during the slow down in 08-09 they didn't start ramping up production again on trucks and SUVs until a few years later which leads to less available used trucks. 2011-2013 used options are pretty thin. Then jump into a 2014-2015 used and you aren't saving a whole lot unless buying with cash.

Lots of Ford rebates. Still not seeing any big discounts on GM's. Going to need an inside source or some fleet deals. Start calling dealers and ask for the fleet sales manager. They can sell fleet prices through retail you just need the right person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prsledder

Reaction score
good luck with that......in 2013, the exchange rate was close to par....today we are hovering around 30%...

I will wait. Run my diesels min 5 years and always buy last years models on trucks. I am not paying $100k for a truck. Maybe I will just drive this one till 700k and buy myself a sports car soon.

Flatlander_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In this economy doesn't hurt to put a ad on kijiji to take over someone else's burden the down payment or trade has already been made. I have been watching as well just refuse to pull the trigger on a $86,000 truck wish they would just sell me a brand new without the added cost and false sense of warranty built into the price.

Here is my deal from a year ago.

MSRP $83,140
Rebates $5,772.00+Trade $47,357.00= $53,129.00

so $53,129+$30,011.00+GST= 2015 3500 SLT one step below Denali.
Couldn't do it.

Last edited:

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So by your logic , you would of lost just about nothing on your used trucks once you sell them , had you bought them used ....

Good point !

You could actually. At RB this summer, many 2013-2016 Dodge's have went for more then new or within a few thousand. I mean a truck you can buy brand new for $65k goes for $62k, add in buyers fee of $1k, you're saving a whole $2k on a used truck at an auction. Pretty fawking stupid.

But the fact that a lot of people pay more then new prices for chit at auctions is whole different story.....

As far as buying used and selling, in many cases I made money on them. A few were bought at dealers so adding in fees and gst eats that up. But i'm comparing same year and mileage, so if you kept for a few years obviously drop in value from adding mileage.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's pretty sad when a new Z06 corvette is in the same MSRP range as a 1 ton diesel. I'm sure glad my megacab was paid for a long time ago because I don't foresee myself stepping into a new pickup anytime soon. Unless my wage somehow doubles in the next little while.:rolleyes:

More goes into a Denali diesel than a Corvette I'd say, and they are a little more useful too. The Denali is a fancy truck, expensive drive line ext.

By comparison a Corvette should be like 50g tops imo I do like Corvette's though.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
More goes into a Denali diesel than a Corvette I'd say, and they are a little more useful too. The Denali is a fancy truck, expensive drive line ext.

By comparison a Corvette should be like 50g tops imo I do like Corvette's though.
the full load truck is priced competitively to its rival's while ZO6 vette out preforms car's costing a lot more money than it costs. It would be nice to afford both without blinking though. LOL

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the full load truck is priced competitively to its rival's while ZO6 vette out preforms car's costing a lot more money than it costs. It would be nice to afford both without blinking though. LOL

Yeah Corvette is cheaper than a Lambo, but I can build a WRX or some other jap car ext for way cheaper that will smoke it. At 100g they are not giving Vette's away.

It's more of a status thing. New* Corvette=more status than WRX. Lambo=more status than Corvette

Same thing with new trucks, nobody really needs a Denali, nice to have though.

But you know what JP Morgan says "if you have to ask,you can't afford it"

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Corvette is cheaper than a Lambo, but I can build a WRX or some other jap car ext for way cheaper that will smoke it. At 100g they are not giving Vette's away.

It's more of a status thing. New* Corvette=more status than WRX. Lambo=more status than Corvette

Same thing with new trucks, nobody really needs a Denali, nice to have though.

But you know what JP Morgan says "if you have to ask,you can't afford it"
i could be wrong but there may be more markup on a truck vs a american sports car there is easily on a half ton 4 x 4 vs a mustang, quite confident the same would hold true with a high end 1 ton diesel vs a vette

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could be wrong but there may be more markup on a truck vs a american sports car there is easily on a half ton 4 x 4 vs a mustang, quite confident the same would hold true with a high end 1 ton diesel vs a vette

More parts equals more money to manufacture is my thinking, but who knows.

rightsideup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This post was for new full load trucks but anyhow with the US dollar being so much stronger than ours the Americans are coming up here and buying used trucks above their market value. Dealers in Southern Alberta won't even deal because they know they will get whatever they are asking on used stuff. US pricing is outrageous on used trucks if you thought it was high up here.

With the auto manufacturers not producing a lot of trucks during the slow down in 08-09 they didn't start ramping up production again on trucks and SUVs until a few years later which leads to less available used trucks. 2011-2013 used options are pretty thin. Then jump into a 2014-2015 used and you aren't saving a whole lot unless buying with cash.

Lots of Ford rebates. Still not seeing any big discounts on GM's. Going to need an inside source or some fleet deals. Start calling dealers and ask for the fleet sales manager. They can sell fleet prices through retail you just need the right person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
on the ford the new generation hd truck is coming out so I am sure they are discounting the old design aggressively before the new stock lands and they play the latest and greatest game.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
6a1ae39af9d9a93d49091770a92e908d.jpg

Well here it is. Pick it up Saturday

Top Bottom