Ppc

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First, Scheer did not run against Trudeau in the last election Stephan Harper did.

Second, the PPC is a right wing party, much more right wing than the PC's, the Liberals are left-wing (arguably centerist in today's society) with the NDP being further left.

Like this:

NDP-Liberal-PC-PPC

Very rarely do voters jump more than 1 step away from where they traditionally vote, most Liberal voters are going to vote PC if they vote more conservative as it is one jump away, PPC is 2 jumps away. PPC will only take votes away from the PC's.

Third, I'm not sure what strong message everyone thinks the PC's need to present? Balance the budget, stop spending money on useless stuff, stop trying to ram useless gun laws down our throats, allow pipelines to be built in a reasonable timeline, stop introducing taxes on the working class?

I get that you like the PPC, and they have some good ideas in their platform. The fact is they will never form government in this election, so I along with many others on this forum will choose to use our votes for a better purpose, voting PC in a hope to get rid of Trudeau.

Yer purdy smart considering I have coveralls older than you. Hehe

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First, Scheer did not run against Trudeau in the last election Stephan Harper did.

Second, the PPC is a right wing party, much more right wing than the PC's, the Liberals are left-wing (arguably centerist in today's society) with the NDP being further left.

Like this:

NDP-Liberal-PC-PPC

Very rarely do voters jump more than 1 step away from where they traditionally vote, most Liberal voters are going to vote PC if they vote more conservative as it is one jump away, PPC is 2 jumps away. PPC will only take votes away from the PC's.

Third, I'm not sure what strong message everyone thinks the PC's need to present? Balance the budget, stop spending money on useless stuff, stop trying to ram useless gun laws down our throats, allow pipelines to be built in a reasonable timeline, stop introducing taxes on the working class?

I get that you like the PPC, and they have some good ideas in their platform. The fact is they will never form government in this election, so I along with many others on this forum will choose to use our votes for a better purpose, voting PC in a hope to get rid of Trudeau.

great post....repped you for that!

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fuk off dick... lol just kidding.

Serious though, I get why people are apprehensive even though they like what the PPC have to say. Playing the safe card is rarely a bad choice. Then again I could ask the question of what’s safer... voting for someone that will get the Libs out and tweak everything back the way conservatives do, or vote for someone that will get the Libs out and completely reform our country into more prosperity then we have... potentially ever have had?

Also I wouldn’t call the PPC “conservative” or “right”. They don’t preach a way of life. They let individuals be who they want to be. All they care about is balancing the budget, creating financial opportunities for everyone, freeing Canada from unreasonable laws(whether self inflicted or global pressure) and making sure Canada remains Canada. Not Islam or Rome or the US.

A big problem with right and left politics is usually imposing their way of life on millions of INDIVIDUALS. The PPC are not endorsing any religion. They are not cutting useful social programs like conservatives usually do(meanwhile still perpetuating corpo welfare). They are not increasing and implementing taxes like lefts do(only to pocket it or give it away to people that DON’T need it). They are as close to what a realistic government should be. At the end of that day the People’s Party of Canada is for the people. No country is prosperous long term if the people aren’t successful.

We play the safe card because life isn't a game and we can't afford not to, as in we literally can't afford another 4 years of Trudeau. Like I said earlier there are many strong points in the PPC campaign, but there is no use in betting on a horse that can't win.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This makes me lean a little further to ppc

71837339_10157195166860546_6692733694953652224_n.jpg

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i agree, still want to see the english debate. looks like scheer took a pounding, on the french debate , again it was controlled by Liberal moderators with Liberal approved questions. something sure smells rotten in Trudy land.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
put out by the Liberal war machine?

i have been looking for a comparison, but unable to find one.

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scheer supporters need to realize he is not popular out east... As opposed to Bernier who is quite popular out east.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm likely wrong, but i wonder if the Atlantic vote will set the tone for the election? Atlantic provinces are generally liberal minded.

Summit X

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm likely wrong, but i wonder if the Atlantic vote will set the tone for the election? Atlantic provinces are generally liberal minded.

The 2 most recent elections in the Maritimes (NB & PEI) went PC. They could be having a change if tides also.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Kind

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What part of Scheer not being popular at all in the east is making you guys believe he is the right choice?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as far as i can see, i would like to see what happens at the next debates 6-7? from there may have a better idea. i can say PPC will not get any seats from the green or NDP areas,

going to be interesting indeed. common goal turf trudy

Last edited:

FernieHawk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well, as much as Mr. Scheer pissed me off with the Rebel news situation earlier this week, and I’m in agreement with 100% of the PPC platform, I’m going to have to stick with voting CPC this election in order to make my effort to ditch Trudeau.

I pulled all the voting stats for the Kootenay-Columbia electoral district for the last 7 elections and noticed a few interesting things that I was not cognizant of till now.

The last election in 2015 was super close…the NDP beat the CPC by 282 votes out of 63,403 votes cast, 37.11% NDP,36.66% CPC. At the time, I thought this was a bit of an anomaly as the previous 6 elections were heavily in the Conservative camp. I thought in the next election the vote would swing back Conservative, as I believed a lot of people were doing the protest vote thing and would come to their senses at the next election (2019). Now that I’ve done some research and I realize that is not the case. The boundaries for Kootenay-Columbia were realigned prior to the 2015 election and the Kootenay-Columbia district now includes Nelson, Salmo, Kaslo etc. etc. etc. These areas vote extremely heavy for the NDP. I added up the polling station numbers for Nelson and the percentage split in the 2015 election was 64.17% NDP, 17.7% Liberal, 13.25% Conservative and 4.8% Green.

Before they realigned the electoral boundaries, the district vote percentages were heavy in the conservative camps favor. 1997 election - 61.91% Reform, 4.09% PC (66% total); 2000 election – 67.78 Alliance, 5.72% PC (73.5%); 2004 election – 52% CPC; 2006 election – 54.35% CPC; 2008 election – 59.59% CPC; 2011 election – 55.7% CPC. When the electoral boundaries changed in time for the 2015 election, things changed dramatically, with the results split 37.11% NDP, 36.66% CPC, 19.42% Liberal and 6.5% Green.

Before the conservative parties joined together to form the CPC prior to the 2004 election, the NDP in Kootenay-Columbia held a very small percentage of the vote…between 9 and 14% and the Liberals held between 15 and 18%. After the CPC formed, the NDP made some big gains in the 2004 election…24% while the Liberals held at 18%.

The NDP received 33% of the vote in the 2011 election and 37.11% in the 2015 election. I feel I need to do my part to try and oust Trudeau by voting CPC and not PPC…we need to get rid of our current NDP MP.

If Trudeau gets another term and it is a minority government propped up by the NDP…well, Canada as we know it is finished.

Top Bottom