Powerclaw or Challenger X?

1Mrider

Reaction score
I want to buy a new track this year for my 08 M1000. Want to keep it at a 162. I was set on the powerclaw but it appears most guys go with the 2.5 extreme. What do you guys think I should do? Also looked at the new Peak but haven't heard anything about em. Help me please.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both are good tracks. I like the challenger extreme better in most conditions especially for down hill braking. Either way its a huge improvement over the stock challenger. As far as the new Peak, I haven't seen one yet so don't have an opinion.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Powerclaws an awesome track, and to be honest i had no issues with it goin downhill like i hear other guys do....sayin that i ripped mine so i went with the camo x just because of the xtra .25" of paddle,,,,noooow if the peaks was available wen i bought mine i woulda tried it as it has a real similar paddle design as the pc minus the outside fingers. Youll be happy with any three of them im sure

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the peak is a 2.86 pitch and requires a driver swap, looking into this myself right now, buying a camo extreme for mine, makes a huge improvement over the powerclaw all around, my buddies M8 is night and day after the swap

fersch

Reaction score
I just put a new camo extreme 2.5 on my 2011 cat m8 153. Hope its as good as everyone says it is.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ditch the powerclaw...... many will agree,, claw is good in some conditions not bottomless or blower pow more in spring and not downhill lol,, but camo is the all around best track for sure especialy in the deeps

p.s. this was Burandts opinion when I bought his M8T,, I think he put just a few miles on both tracks,,lol

1Mrider

Reaction score
Know of any good places to buy a track? I've been looking around and I'm tired of dealing with the locals.

fersch

Reaction score
i bought mine from rec supply in saskatoon and they charged me $ 789 + shipping to me.

1Mrider

Reaction score
Think I'll see what I can get in the 2.5 peak. Nobody has one around here and I'd kinda like to be a pioneer with it. I'll have to change my drivers so it might be a little money but hopefully it'll pay off.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
powderclaw is about as good of a design as the polaris series 4. ditch it.
Ya "powerclaw" k. I guess youve ridden all conditions and full seasons on the track, i know ur holy and all on here but seriously dude the powerclaw is a damn good stock track, it works.

Top Bottom