Posting Pictures

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So i have been trying to figure out how to post pictures but seems to be a issue. I always get error messages I have tried off my phone of my computre and off the SD card in the go pro but still can't can anyone help??

Thanks

Xfmontana

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only way I have is by using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justinvr81

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always had trouble on my laptop, I started using Tapatalk on my phone and it just works every time. I can't even remember the last time I logged on with the laptop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can upload from my laptop as long as they are the correct size, it's hit or miss with my cell phone and when they do post they are always sideways

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Seems a lot of people have trouble with pictures. Always have and it seems always will (it is a hit and miss process).

You have to compress them before the site software will accept them. I only load from my computer and I run a Mac and the process is easy at my end. So easy that I often rotate other people's pictures. Sideways pics are a pita. Just figure out how to compress (re-size them). You can doo it with a little frustration and trial and error.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tapatalk made it easier to post pictures.
Off the computer I use the "go advanced" button under the text field box. Then click on the paper clip. Need to make sure your file size is not to large. A lot of my pictures I end up cropping or lowering the quality to get it an acceptable file size.

Hopefully you are able to read my chicken scratch on the pictures.

Hope this helps

Pictures loaded in a mixed up order. Sorry.

Attachments

• 20161103_054320.jpg
    20161103_054320.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 166
  • 20161103_054348.jpg
    20161103_054348.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 155
  • 20161103_054445.jpg
    20161103_054445.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 164
  • 20161103_054550.jpg
    20161103_054550.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 149

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Biggest issue for me is the pic's I post, sometimes pop up sideways or upside down. Can't figure out how to rotate them.

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems a lot of people have trouble with pictures. Always have and it seems always will (it is a hit and miss process).

You have to compress them before the site software will accept them. I only load from my computer and I run a Mac and the process is easy at my end. So easy that I often rotate other people's pictures. Sideways pics are a pita. Just figure out how to compress (re-size them). You can doo it with a little frustration and trial and error.

how do i do it on mac thats what i have

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What I do to size the pics on my phone is to email the pics off my phone to myself in a smaller size. Large usually works. Save those pics and use those for posting. Fast and easy.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how do i do it on mac thats what i have
I have a mac as well . It's a confusing cluster of a way to do it. There's probably a better way. What I do is screen shot the picture. Free app. Then I export it to a jpeg and set the sizing I want. It works but is time consuming

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I use a Mac also. Drag photo to the desk top, open it in preview, go to tools, adjust size (any size will do but some are large than others as you will see from the pixel sizes), then export (when exporting adjust the quality down to about 100 so you can add many pictures at the same time). It will end up on the desk top. Then go to the "insert image" icon (third from the right) and "choose" the picture(s) that you want. A little bit of a process but I find it better than Photobucket and some of the other locations. Good luck.

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tks Doug! How do you rotate the pics using a MAC?

I use a Mac also. Drag photo to the desk top, open it in preview, go to tools, adjust size (any size will do but some are large than others as you will see from the pixel sizes), then export (when exporting adjust the quality down to about 100 so you can add many pictures at the same time). It will end up on the desk top. Then go to the "insert image" icon (third from the right) and "choose" the picture(s) that you want. A little bit of a process but I find it better than Photobucket and some of the other locations. Good luck.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
tks Doug! How do you rotate the pics using a MAC?

If I see a picture that is sideways and I have time, I right click on the picture and "Add image to Photos". Open Photos and right click on the sideways photo and "rotate clockwise". Then I drag the picture to the desktop. Once on the desktop them it is the "insert image" icon and upload. The photo was already on a post so sizing and compression aren't necessary at this point.

PolarisHighlifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. its weird when i uploaded those second set picture when i went into the upload screen they were there. so messed up

Top Bottom