Post your rant here

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I meant optional on lariat and standard on up to platinum and limited. My last lariat was quad beam, I spent the 1200 and ordered current lariat with Led, I see there is a decent aftermarket quad beam replacement now from a company anzo.

Last edited:

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Platinum has the halos..that’s how they identify the Platty. I run big bright lights, aimed properly and I dont get into a switch flicking fight with people that beam me. I just throw on the white Oakleys and keep on truck’in...

Haha. White Oakleys deserve rep but I an still getting the "spread it around" BS

Rene G

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My GMC has led and they’re great when they’re clean, but once the lens gets a little dirty you can’t see sh*t. Same goes for my light bar. BTW my high beams project pretty much as far as my 32” light bar does, but the light bar puts out WAY more light.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Platinum has the halos..that’s how they identify the Platty. I run big bright lights, aimed properly and I dont get into a switch flicking fight with people that beam me. I just throw on the white Oakleys and keep on truck’in...
2de89d24d0488b503d5e492b0928883c.jpg

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sleet condition LED SUCKS! No heat...no light.

Agree! I’m sure they have thought of this but maybe if they made a curved lens at speeds the sleet will be forced off the curved surface and provide more light then just building up.
Or maybe some Oakley tare offs with a string attached.
Note: not curved as curved light bar but bubble lens, just in case I was miss understood.

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the factory projector housings with the original halogen bulbs in my 2014 ram. They put out enough light and heat to keep lens clear in the snow and sleet. When they get dirty pull over and toss some snow watch it melt and wipe it off good to go. Sometimes the older ways are the better ones.

Last edited:

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya know, it's bad enough there's a ton of people driving around with LED/HID bulbs in housings designed for halogens (yes, I've ranted on this before...) but is it just me, or are all the new vehicle manufacturers trying to outdo one another and see just how ridiculously bright they can make their headlights? Jeebus it's getting hard to drive at night anywhere there's significant traffic.

On that same note, how is it that the new Ford Super Duty's can get away with having 6 front lights? Every bit of legislation I've read (and I've read a lot when researching into LED light bar usage) says that a max of 4 forward facing lights are allowed. Also Ford, if these truck are in fact "super duty" why is it that anything heavier than a loaf of bread in the back and the lights are pointing at the sky? Gawd forbid a guy puts a toolbox, welder or hooks up a trailer to these "heavy duty" trucks...

Today's rant. I'm old...there will be more.

I was wondering that as well, the ford quad lights should be no different than 2 extra aux lights on the top of the bumper. Valid Rant.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you need a level 3 hazmat suit to move a customers vehichle in to the shop for a oil change

unbelievable people now my shop smells to ****

Ballzdeep

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ordering special rotors from the states because Heritage tells you they can't get them here....then going to the other Harley shop a month later and talking to the regular guy ya deal with and he said "chit man, i coulda saved you a hundred and ordered it for ya" :rolleyes: So thank you to the stupid 16 year old teeny bopper piss ant that answers the phones...(in the meanest Red Forman voice....YOU DUMB ASS!!!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF, used truck market is even more stupid than before. Looking for a new to me Dmax and the prices are insane. Anything decent is grabbed by a broker and gone. Friend of mine bought a LBZ (07) 8 years ago and put 100K on it and made 4K profit selling in this market. Guess I might have to keep the old 7.3 truck a bit longer.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WTF, used truck market is even more stupid than before. Looking for a new to me Dmax and the prices are insane. Anything decent is grabbed by a broker and gone. Friend of mine bought a LBZ (07) 8 years ago and put 100K on it and made 4K profit selling in this market. Guess I might have to keep the old 7.3 truck a bit longer.

I am still thinking of trying to get rid of my 2006 ram 2500 cummins south of the border. It's been such a good truck that I hate to get rid of it and have another payment.

Top Bottom