Post Your Losses

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As of the end of September the investments value have been reduced by about $ 50,000 - $ 60,000. As to what they would be worth today I don't really want to know but it is a very good buying opportunity if you have the stomach for it. Remember what goes up will come down then bounce up again. If you are in a position where you are depending on your investments as one of your main sources of income then you have something to worry about. Still have a few years where I can sit and ride this one out. This has happened before and it will happen again that is the way of the investment world. Remember buy low sell high or is it buy high or sell low LOL

Billy Boy:cool:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
went out back to check my stocks and they're sitting about even still. and with the higher us dollar, they could be worth more. :dlol

Attachments

• DCP00801.jpg
    DCP00801.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 24
G

Guest1

went out back to check my stocks and they're sitting about even still. and with the higher us dollar, they could be worth more. :d

Did you finally clean up the front yard ;) and junk stock is still junk stock no matter what the exchange rate...LOL

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
junk stocks, that was a gooder, have about 6 more loads to go to navajo. funny thing, scrap steel prices were at there highest in the summer $140 a tonne, then fell to $80 in september, that should have been the warning sign. hehe

G

Guest1

junk stocks, that was a gooder, have about 6 more loads to go to navajo. funny thing, scrap steel prices were at there highest in the summer $140 a tonne, then fell to $80 in september, that should have been the warning sign. hehe

Looks like a couple of tonnes...are you retired now DD...;) :d :beer:

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be safe to say that we are in for a three to four year recession like others in the past. Alberta is based on energy sales....that's the bottom line. When Suncor, Syncrude,Shell, PetroCan(PECOSI),CNRL along with other oil and gas companies put hundreds of BILLIONS of work on hold or outright cancelled......the storm coming is gonna be a big one and my guess is the worst is still one year away. Unfortunatly there are always people that are over extended that get caught in the crash, I feel for them and their families. Nutz, 28,000 really is not that bad(add a 0 and you will start to get close to mine), you may have to liquidate some toys. Hopefully most can weather the storm. Investments=risk. If you can't afford to loose it don't invest it in high risk. Just got my statements in the mail, P.Oed but it is just part of the game. Oh ya, the car builders can fend for themselves just like us. When they go broke they can cut out some fat cats when restuctured. Unions can make some concessions or suffer their coming fate but I personally want none of my tax dollars used on bailouts.:nono: Hope nobody has to sell there sled:eek:that's when hard times have really hit:rant:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think it would be safe to say that we are in for a three to four year recession like others in the past. Alberta is based on energy sales....that's the bottom line. When Suncor, Syncrude,Shell, PetroCan(PECOSI),CNRL along with other oil and gas companies put hundreds of BILLIONS of work on hold or outright cancelled......the storm coming is gonna be a big one and my guess is the worst is still one year away. Unfortunatly there are always people that are over extended that get caught in the crash, I feel for them and their families. Nutz, 28,000 really is not that bad, you may have to liquidate some toys. Hopefully most can weather the storm. Investments=risk. If you can't afford to loose it don't invest it in high risk. Just got my statements in the mail, P.Oed but it is just part of the game. Oh ya, the car builders can fend for themselves just like us. When they go broke they can cut out some fat cats when restuctured. Unions can make some concessions or suffer their coming fate but I personally want none of my tax dollars used on bailouts.:nono: Hope nobody has to sell there sled:eek:that's when hard times have really hit:rant:
You haven't lost a dime until you sell. Income trusts that haven't reduced distributions ROCK right now getting 22.5 cents a month on a $10.00 share as opposed to a $17.00 share= over 25% a year.....it'll recover eventually.
The guys buying on margin are hurting though.....Oh well, don't buy what you can't afford....

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You haven't lost a dime until you sell. Income trusts that haven't reduced distributions ROCK right now getting 22.5 cents a month on a $10.00 share as opposed to a $17.00 share= over 25% a year.....it'll recover eventually.
The guys buying on margin are hurting though.....Oh well, don't buy what you can't afford....

Almost all of my stuff is in ITF's paying 12.5 cents a month and they were purchased for that reason and not to resell. Haven't lost anything unless I sell and yes you're right...don't buy what you can't afford.

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of shares in a new oil company for $.25 6 months ago. they are now $1.00 and about to go public at $2.00

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well my secure stock of sleds went in the toilet, calagary metal is giving you a big fat zero dollars for scrap but you can drop it off for free if you want, and a tow company customer told me that even in calgary, all they are getting for cars is $20 a car at pic ur part, and if the hood or door or some part is missing from car notta a dime for the whole car, me thinks that the is a bad sign.

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought a bunch of shares in a new oil company for $.25 6 months ago. they are now $1.00 and about to go public at $2.00

Thanks for the heads up on that one Kelly- throw me a bone next time buddy!!!!!

My losses 50K at the moment - not worried though as the Lord is coming back before I retire.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you getting caught up in the rapture?? or are you one of the unlucky ones and get to stay behind????

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So are you getting caught up in the rapture?? or are you one of the unlucky ones and get to stay behind????

yep......My ticket is paid for in full - I'm going! Gotta be a man of faith when you work for the company I do.....BNC on the TSE. Was supposed to go to $6-8 bucks after E. Coli vaccine release......40 cents not quite the expected result......glad I got treasures in heaven to look forward to!!

britt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much money can the U.S. Goverenment print?? They can't bale every bankrupt company out. I think these bail outs are going to result in much more serious problems down the road. Haggis you might have a point:eek:

Britt

Top Bottom