Post your best snowmobile stories!!

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lifes full of adventure, and whether this is my best story or my stupidest its definitely one I'll never forget.

Years ago I used to have an 04 Yamaha mountain Viper. This would have been around 08. Was up riding the Judy Creek pipeline with some buddy's. First I managed to peel my track off when I became tangled in the tip of a spruce tree. No buggy got the track back on. Then the throttle was sticking. And like my one buddy said, "that just means you het to go faster". After a while we had stopped for a fire. I played with my throttle, didn't seem to stick. Well whatever. I was sitting sideways on the seat when were getting ready to go, grabbed the rip cord and pulled. Sled fired up and shot out from under me, I rolled off the back grabbing on to the gas rack trying to keep up. Finally fell. I thought I had broke my back, I've never had that much pain And numbness in my back. Popped the hood, saw my throttle cable had linked at the carbs and finally broke. Well I had my pride, no way was a doo going to tow me. So I tied the spare rip cord to the throttle linkage, ran it around the coolant pipe off the head and through the hood. Pull cord go. The problem with this was when I let off the cord completely the sled would die. So I tightly wrapped the cord around my right hand, and rested it on the handle bars, tilt of the wrist away I went. Worked good until we crossed a muddy lease road. I lost my balance when I hit a rut. Fell off. Well cause the throttle was tied to me the sled opened wide and the rope straightened around my hand. I was going for a ride. Sled shot across the muddy road dragging me along side. Pegged the approach in the other ditch and became air born, tore the glove off my hand. I laid in the ditch for around 10mins it hurt too much to move. Sled died when the glove left my hand. When I finally got up and limped over to my sled. One buddy had the idea, let's just turn the idle screw in. So I'm hurting and just sitting on the seat. Donnys under the hood adjusting away. He closes the hood. And saids to me, hang on I'll start it. Pulls the cord . Away I go, 37km an hour through the willows, useing my kill switch to make the tight corners. Could smell the breaks bad. So shut down. Opened the hood. Underside of the hood was blistered. Brakes were glowing. The guys adjusted the idle screw so it just engaged the clutches. Had cruise basically set at 7kms. Then I would pull the rope to go faster. Rode it out 40kms like that. Got home expecting sympathy from my wife, instead got another hole tore in me with how stupid can I be.

Needless to say I've smartened up.

Goondocker97

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well lifes full of adventure, and whether this is my best story or my stupidest its definitely one I'll never forget.

Years ago I used to have an 04 Yamaha mountain Viper. This would have been around 08. Was up riding the Judy Creek pipeline with some buddy's. First I managed to peel my track off when I became tangled in the tip of a spruce tree. No buggy got the track back on. Then the throttle was sticking. And like my one buddy said, "that just means you het to go faster". After a while we had stopped for a fire. I played with my throttle, didn't seem to stick. Well whatever. I was sitting sideways on the seat when were getting ready to go, grabbed the rip cord and pulled. Sled fired up and shot out from under me, I rolled off the back grabbing on to the gas rack trying to keep up. Finally fell. I thought I had broke my back, I've never had that much pain And numbness in my back. Popped the hood, saw my throttle cable had linked at the carbs and finally broke. Well I had my pride, no way was a doo going to tow me. So I tied the spare rip cord to the throttle linkage, ran it around the coolant pipe off the head and through the hood. Pull cord go. The problem with this was when I let off the cord completely the sled would die. So I tightly wrapped the cord around my right hand, and rested it on the handle bars, tilt of the wrist away I went. Worked good until we crossed a muddy lease road. I lost my balance when I hit a rut. Fell off. Well cause the throttle was tied to me the sled opened wide and the rope straightened around my hand. I was going for a ride. Sled shot across the muddy road dragging me along side. Pegged the approach in the other ditch and became air born, tore the glove off my hand. I laid in the ditch for around 10mins it hurt too much to move. Sled died when the glove left my hand. When I finally got up and limped over to my sled. One buddy had the idea, let's just turn the idle screw in. So I'm hurting and just sitting on the seat. Donnys under the hood adjusting away. He closes the hood. And saids to me, hang on I'll start it. Pulls the cord . Away I go, 37km an hour through the willows, useing my kill switch to make the tight corners. Could smell the breaks bad. So shut down. Opened the hood. Underside of the hood was blistered. Brakes were glowing. The guys adjusted the idle screw so it just engaged the clutches. Had cruise basically set at 7kms. Then I would pull the rope to go faster. Rode it out 40kms like that. Got home expecting sympathy from my wife, instead got another hole tore in me with how stupid can I be.

Needless to say I've smartened up.
looks like you went for an adventure that day! Great story thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom