Possible crank case crack

popeye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need some where to get crank case checked for a possible crack, in Edmonton area. If cracked can it be repaired? Thanks for any info

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yes it can be welded by any good welder, my brother in laws 1000 rt crank smashed some piston ring shards threw the crank case, he got the water jacket and main part of the case welded and just used a die grinder to make it flat

he had a penny size hole in the inner of the water jacket and a crack in a non water jacket part of the case.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a guy in Calgary that will warranty his welding on the crankcase - Areospace I think is the name. Does good work, did my buddies 800.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know its cracked or are you wondering? If its a matter of wondering if its cracked I can dye pen the case to see if it is actually cracked or not.

heikki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know its cracked or are you wondering? If its a matter of wondering if its cracked I can dye pen the case to see if it is actually cracked or not.

Yep...aluminum die cast or sand cast..can only be inspected with dye.....as its not affected by magnetic lines of force...

your crank will have to come out if you need it magna fluxed....flowed magnetic particle solution put on the crank then checked under ultraviolent light.....

do you have a leak of coolant or oil through the case????

Top Bottom