Portable BBQ

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys:

Took test run with new (to me) Travel trailer and all is good. Now need barbeque if we are going to camp in the thing. Don't want one of those Chinese tin things either.

Took a look at the Coleman Roadtrip at Crappy Tire. $300 seems a little steep - and I know it will go on sale as soon as I buy it. Also the lid seems a little tinny. But it does have its own stand built in which looks good.

Went to Barbeque Country and the Webers there are a bit more sturdier and have real cast iron grills. Only thing that you have to buy is a separate stand.

Any suggestions?

Greg

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
I got the coleman roadtrip works awesome better than any tabletop one I've owned and it folds down and slide right into the storeage compartments on the trailer

Cameo

Reaction score
Weber BBQ 220, works awsome, but it is large when in storage. the stand collapses and is very sturdy

Mister Bee

Reaction score
I've got the porta chef with removable legs from BBQ country. Works awesome and was only $140.00 with built in temp gauge.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have an RVQ, its okay, but a little small for my liking. Works good to slow cook ribs before they get thrown on the FLAME:BBQ:

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another for Porta Chef. $132.00 at Reliable Parts. Price has come down some and they added a temp gauge.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Master Chef Portable Propane BBQ

We bought this one in the spring...is awesome and for $119 you can't go wrong...Sets up table top when you want, put the legs on for stand alone and attaches to a 20lb tank....not thin and tinny like the cheeper ones either....

Very cool unit in my opinion

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Master Chef Portable Propane BBQ

We bought this one in the spring...is awesome and for $119 you can't go wrong...Sets up table top when you want, put the legs on for stand alone and attaches to a 20lb tank....not thin and tinny like the cheeper ones either....

Very cool unit in my opinion

thats the one I've got too, I've had it for 3 camping seasons now and don't have ANY complaints about it.....

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Broil king - Porta Chef, had mine for over 20 years and only part I had to replace was the burner. Replaced the burner for $20 bucks which Bar-B-Que country still stocks, great little barbque for camping.:BBQ:

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call double diamond in edmonton and get the webber from them. Best price around and great liitle BBQ. Well worth the $$

Scuba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got a porta chef for the 5ver this year and love it. I would suggest for only 140 bucks

mudbitchguy

Reaction score
Website
www.supergripatv.ca
I've got the porta chef with removable legs from BBQ country. Works awesome and was only $140.00 with built in temp gauge.

I have to agree... the porta chef is one of the best ones out there. Removable legs and carrying faux leather bag, very compact and not messy at all. Perfect for camping.

Just my 2 cents

Rej

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys!!

Going with the Weber. Kids came home with Student Union Ticket Packs and $50 off from BBQ Country on Weber grills!

Be a good backup for home as well.

Greg

Top Bottom