polaris or doo?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
it depends on how much i make this summer, if i make enough i'll get a XP, but if i dont make as much a i hoped i'd be stuck with a RMK

I rode my buddy's 08 600 RMK for 7 day's straight. I was kind to it( cause I didn't want to fix it.) What a great ride. If you are thinking Rev, as I am. 04, and then 08 or newer. In between, they are not that good. no matter who else post's here. 07 was the worst year.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode my buddy's 08 600 RMK for 7 day's straight. I was kind to it( cause I didn't want to fix it.) What a great ride. If you are thinking Rev, as I am. 04, and then 08 or newer. In between, they are not that good.

Hey QT the 06 rev was,is and will always be the best REV built.:rant:04-06 are all good 04s had a ring issue, but by now most would have got a top end.;)

The 06 X model is nice because it had the better seat and they ditched the monster rear rack and installed a smaller tail light, the X also came with a roller secondary.:cool:

The 04s running boards are very closed up where as the 05,06 have a bit better design. I still replaced mine with better boards and if you are a BIG BOY you may want to switch out the extrutions for the "CATS" they are stronger and give a lot better grip. :d(they do eat the bottom of your boots though):eek:

no matter who else post's here. 07 was the worst year.

True dat, although if the engine has been replaced (not just the top end) you can probably a good sled for a smokin deal as most won't even look at an ad for an 07 rev!;)

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
from 2001-2005 doo 800's had ring issues but once you take of that they are a great sled. Do you really think that a stock poo 700 can match a Rev 800?? Hands down the 06 rev was the best one built.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

True dat, although if the engine has been replaced (not just the top end) you can probably a good sled for a smokin deal as most won't even look at an ad for an 07 rev!;)

Thanks for the clearification. I honestly didn't know that. Now I have a few more choices.

:beer: :beer: :d

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
from 2001-2005 doo 800's had ring issues but once you take of that they are a great sled. Do you really think that a stock poo 700 can match a Rev 800?? Hands down the 06 rev was the best one built.

Honestly.....Yes. I have ridden with stock 800 Rev's, and even switching off machines. The 700 would out pull, in the powder. It doesn't have a chance, on the hard pack.

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly.....Yes. I have ridden with stock 800 Rev's, and even switching off machines. The 700 would out pull, in the powder. It doesn't have a chance, on the hard pack.

Doug, you must be dooin more than mowing that grass!!:cool:

Nice avatar, that thing on nos. Maybe there's a leak, and that is what is making you say such crazy chit. :p

The Arborist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clearification. I honestly didn't know that. Now I have a few more choices.

:beer: :beer: :d

After all is said and done I'm still scared of the 07 :eek:

There was/is a 05 rev in Salmon arm posted on here somewhere, if I was lookin thats where I would start!:beer::beer:

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doug, you must be dooin more than mowing that grass!!:cool:

Nice avatar, that thing on nos. Maybe there's a leak, and that is what is making you say such crazy chit. :p

Thanks Steve.....Mountian Magic, out of Edm, set up the back end the way I wanted. It was big $$$ to do it. But it did pay off.

NOS....:rolleyes::rolleyes: once it's off warranty........;) :d

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahhh mountain magic set up......i can see why your STOCK 700 will beat stock rev's. They do great work and setup is key.

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 08 700 Dragon and it pulls great. Never had an issue with the engine. Had an issue with the shocks though, don't like the Walker Evans, they lose their pressure too easy. Some people don't like the way the Doos handle, some do. I do feel though that a stock 700 RMK will match up quite well with a stock 800 rev, maybe not the XPs however (weight difference for one), but they're not far behind them. It depends on what you want. If you have to be able to point and shoot and beat everyone else, you should buy a Cat M1 anyway. If you want a sled with a proven motor and great handling, the 700 RMK is a great sled and the motor puts out better that you'd think for a 700.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go with the DOO! I had a 08 800 Dragon and a 07 600 RMK, and had nothing but problems! they were nice riding machines and went every were i wanted them to (for a short time). Put five motors in the Dragon inside of 700kms. Now i got 09 800 xp Hill Climb Edition and put 1500kms and never even changed a spark plug.

buck50

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats funny I have seen the opposite, my brother has a 07 700 dragon not one issue with 2500 miles.
That sled will out climb 800 xp's all day long in the steep and deep.

I would need to see that to believe it. My rev will destroy a 700 poo and XP's eat my rev.

I'm game on my STOCK 2000 700 RMK.

I rode my buddy's 08 600 RMK for 7 day's straight. I was kind to it( cause I didn't want to fix it.) What a great ride. If you are thinking Rev, as I am. 04, and then 08 or newer. In between, they are not that good. no matter who else post's here. 07 was the worst year.

I have an 08 700 Dragon and it pulls great. Never had an issue with the engine. Had an issue with the shocks though, don't like the Walker Evans, they lose their pressure too easy. Some people don't like the way the Doos handle, some do. I do feel though that a stock 700 RMK will match up quite well with a stock 800 rev, maybe not the XPs however (weight difference for one), but they're not far behind them. It depends on what you want. If you have to be able to point and shoot and beat everyone else, you should buy a Cat M1 anyway. If you want a sled with a proven motor and great handling, the 700 RMK is a great sled and the motor puts out better that you'd think for a 700.

i had on 05 800 rev, and the guys i ride with are all poo guys. the NEW 800 dragons are a set better at climbing(lighter and a tad more HP) but he 700 has NO chance against an 800 rev!!!!!!!! stock to stock it's not a comparison really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you mod a 700 dragon, you have to compare that to a modded 800 rev!!!!!!!!!!!!! and a stock xp will beat down a stock rev 800 everyday, not to mention a stock 700 dragon!!!!!!!! got to compare apples to apples here!!!!!!!! 700 dragon to 800 rev is apples to oranges!!!!!!!!!

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if you mod a 700 dragon, you have to compare that to a modded 800 rev!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Got to compare apples to apples here!!!!!!!!..... 700 dragon to 800 rev is apples to oranges!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty funny man! Whatcha drinking?:d

AliciaAlways

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I may be biased because of where I currently work, but I grew up on Polaris Sleds, I think they are wicked fun, lots of power, and I find very few issues with the ones my family uses/owns/runs!

Top Bottom