Polaris/Klim Advertises for Motorfist!!

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem with having to deal with warranty issues is that ok so you send back a pair of boots to be warrantied......... what the hell do you wear while the boots are gone away for who knows how long........, god knows MF aint giving you a free pair on the spot? Buddy of mine bought new MF gear in fall of 13 sent away his motorfist coat and pants to be warrantied last year, he was getting wet in the arms and in the back of the pants on his first trip to the hills with the gear, figured he was gonna be gone for a couple weeks on holidays send them away and when he got back and went on days off again they should be back......... well didnt get them back for over 6 weeks so had to go buy new gear as he was going on a trip to the mtns and needed pants and a coat.........., he was pissed at MF so he bought KLIM stuff this time. When his MF gear finally did arrive, it was the same gear not replacements and it went right into the gear bag and hasnt come out since. Over a year later and still dry and comfy in his KLIM.He liked the fit and all that jazz of the MF gear but now he probably will never buy that product again. I know when I get new boots or new gear its because my old ones are completely destroyed and get chucked in the garbage as with most people so I usually dont have much backup gear. So if the boots are away getting fixed, you either dont ride at all or in the mean time end up having to buy a new pair of boots which is total bullchit. It would be different if the gear was a few years old and had some wear and tear and started to fail, fair enough either wait till its fixed or buy new stuff. But most fails I hear of with MF is within the first season or even first ride or two and when you spend over a grand on jacket, pants and boots, it should be reliable...... youd think

Part of what I do with Motorfist TMO is facilitate dealer and customer relations. I'm thinking there must have been a quirk in the understanding of how the Motorfist warranty works. Motorfist actually does have a loaner system in place for situations specifically like that one. If you'd like, get your friend to message me. I'd like to help if I could for sure. Understanding is key to success, especially when it comes to warranty policies. I think I'm going to be doing an article on warranty issues in the next while. Not just Motorfist specific, but for all companies. There are some very key points that can help make warranty claims easy and productive for all involved.

Let me know if I can help!

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that would be a great article as the warranty information tags just dont explain in enough detail how they work. Obviously some dealers are a little fuzzy on the issues as well because he brought his back to the dealer in Edmonton (not 100% sure on which one) and there was no mention on loaners or anything like that. His warranty stuff did get done..... well he thinks anyway, like I said he hasn't wore the gear since so he doesn't know, every dealer should have someone like you facilitating stuff like that, because at most they hardly give you the time of day ecspecially when your not there buying something

Part of what I do with Motorfist TMO is facilitate dealer and customer relations. I'm thinking there must have been a quirk in the understanding of how the Motorfist warranty works. Motorfist actually does have a loaner system in place for situations specifically like that one. If you'd like, get your friend to message me. I'd like to help if I could for sure. Understanding is key to success, especially when it comes to warranty policies. I think I'm going to be doing an article on warranty issues in the next while. Not just Motorfist specific, but for all companies. There are some very key points that can help make warranty claims easy and productive for all involved.

Let me know if I can help!

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have had MF gear since 2011...have needed some repairs...always been offered a loaner.....everything has been covered under warranty.......still warm and dry........lucky I guess.....

firstplaceparts

Reaction score
I'm a dealer for about every manufacturer and they all have good and bad points. I've worn both Klim and MotorFist and have not had a problem with either, but I don't get to ride as much as I would like. I've seen threads that bash Klim and other that bash MotorFist and some that bash my business, not everything is perfect in this world. I know the owner of MotorFist and he is a standup guy and wants to make a quality product that people want to buy, not everyone is going to be happy with their product or Kim’s product. But my guess is that more people are happy with it than are unhappy. Yes of course some people are going to be unhappy for a myriad of reasons with a new company that is growing, this can be expected but I think most issues can be worked out with a little communication. The issue with your feet getting wet in the boots is something MotorFist would, I'm sure, love to hear about during the season, how else do they improve their product. All manufacturers do product testing just like the auto industry, how many recalls do they do. MotorFist and Klim are peanuts compared to Chevy, and Chevy still has recalls all the time. I'd say in the future give whoever a call, MotorFist or Klim, and let them know what is happening and I'm sure they will take care of you.

Thanks
Mark

Top Bottom