motorfist stomper boots

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a set of first gen stomper boots. bought them at the show in oct 2012, only used them for just over a year. but I guess the one year warranty starts when you buy them, I get that much. what sucks is I now have a set of expensive boots that leak . they wore cracks into the boot where it flexes when you bend your foot. I went to a dealer and they did offer me a new pair of boots at a good discount from list price, but do I even want to go spend nearly $200 still on a pair of boots that only last me a year? I don't abuse them, only use them for sledding. I do love the boots and how they work, but not impressed at the longevity. did I just get a crappy first pair?

Attachments

• IMG_0748.jpg
    IMG_0748.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 247

superduty 348

Reaction score
Nope,I have a set also and mine did the same thing at the same spot. But I do like the boots its just too bad it lasts just long enough till the warranty expires.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son just had a similar thing happen to a pair of Klim Adrenalines. Barely used for one season and the sole is separated from the boot already and leaking like a sieve, but he bought them 2 years ago so out of warranty.

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just doesn't give me a real good reason to spend all that money on expensive boots. may as well just buy some snowboard boots for $100 at sportcheck, sure they only last a year to, but I can have beer money left over :beer:;) any motorfist dealers or reps feel like commenting? i'm not looking to bash anything, just a little disappointed at what was supposed to be a quality product.

Last edited:

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought MF had lifetime warrenty.. Just read an article about it.. Id give them a call..

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened to mine took them back to where I bought them and they sent them back hoping to get a new set soon in return

summ-it-up

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well darn, I just bought a pair of first gen Stompers. Great boot thus far, just hope mine don't befall the same fate.
I love the boot itself, best boot I have ever owned for sledding. never was I wet at the end of the day until the last few rides, I would still recommend them to anyone, just hoping they last longer than mine did :(

ajb1205

Reaction score
I have the first gen Stompers, too, and I wouldn't trade them for anything either...great boot. I would call MF and see what they say. You don't have anything to loose. I wouldn't leave it to the dealership to take care of...from experience you will get better results by calling and dealing with this kind of issue yourself directly with the manufacturer.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take them into a shoe repair store. My wife has taken her motorcycle boots in twice for repair as she refuses to buy a new pair. Each time it was a stellar job and inexpensive.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

KevinA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tried it already, these boots have some sort of coating on them, the goo wont stick at all.

hey. looked at boarding boots... figured they would wear to easy on the running boards especialy the toes. the MF warrenty isn't the same as the rest of the gear?

polarman

Reaction score
I have two pairs they replaced the first pair on warranty, and let me keep the old ones just to wear for yard plowing etc. they both have my feet wringing wet within an hour...... MF socks, Klim socks don't matter a bit. I went back to Klims and they are dry after all day.

RIPPINTARE

Reaction score
When I was buying my MF 2.0, another customer in the store told me that they are lifetime against leaks and that there is a place in Calgary that's and authorized repair facility and will pressure test for leaks and replace soles. So I chose them over the klim's but the MF are an awesome boot.

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey. looked at boarding boots... figured they would wear to easy on the running boards especialy the toes. the MF warrenty isn't the same as the rest of the gear?

Same boat here. I really like the MF boots but I have wet feet every day. Like you , I was surprised that the lifetime warrantee I heard so much about did not cover the boots and now have been refused warrantee. I tried to work directly with MF in Idaho but they were ineffective at getting anything done to help me out (they claim they are out of stock of boots). I think they honestly wanted to help but in the end I'm in my leaky boots and out of warrantee. I am not sure what I'll do or what brand I'll buy for the next pair.

Top Bottom