Polaris electric fan not working

Shovelking780

Reaction score
I had sportsman 700 and it was the sensor on the rad I think it's a thermostat. You could always verify that it's not the fan itself by disconnecting and putting power to the fan directly. I ended up bypassing sensor and wiring so the fan stayed on when the key was on.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had sportsman 700 and it was the sensor on the rad I think it's a thermostat. You could always verify that it's not the fan itself by disconnecting and putting power to the fan directly. I ended up bypassing sensor and wiring so the fan stayed on when the key was on.

Same happened on my old kitty, I also bypassed the thermo-switch...but just wired it to a switch instead! Like having the control to turn it on and off!!

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had both issues with a 03 700, sensor is on the bottom corner of the rad (can't remember which side), disconnect it and jump the plug on the harness side. The fan should start when you turn the key on, if so the sensor is done, if not the fan motor is likely shot. Sensor is about $60 and the fan assembly (can't get the motor alone) was $180 when I bought mine.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a friend with the same issue on her 850 even though it's still under warranty. The fan seems to only work intermittly. She's had it in several times and they've replaced sensors and the relay to no avail. In the end, she had a bypass switch put in, but I think that's a pretty cheasy solution for a quad that's still under warranty.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a sensor on the left side of the engine cylinder right below the thermostat cover. Disconnect that sensor, the fan should turn on. If it does that the fan and wiring are good. Would just have to replace that sensor. If it doesn't turn on that I would put power directly to the fan and see if it turns on.

Top Bottom