Polaris belt drive might not be legal in SK

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the official Sask online snowmobile course:
Drive guard – Every snowmobile is to be equipped with a guard for the drive chain, belt or shaft that is securely mounted and positioned to prevent injury to the driver of passenger.
If the snowmobile is driven by a propeller, the vehicle is to be equipped with a guard or shield over the propeller that is securely mounted and positioned to prevent injury to the driver or passenger.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm trolling, maybe I'm incredibly bored by this stupid course that makes you wait like 3 minutes before advancing to the next page.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[h=2]You're ready for the next chapter![/h]
Sled_youpass.gif
Congratulations! You passed the chapter quiz with a grade of 100%. You are now ready to study the next chapter.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unless you are driving around with your side panels OFF you have a guard.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From the official Sask online snowmobile course:
Drive guard – Every snowmobile over 120HP is to be equipped with a guard for the drive chain, belt or shaft that is securely mounted and positioned to prevent injury to the driver of passenger.
If the snowmobile is driven by a propeller, the vehicle is to be equipped with a guard or shield over the propeller that is securely mounted and positioned to prevent injury to the driver or passenger.
you are good, the Pro 800 dyno'd at 119............ :smiliestirthepot:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Che yeah!
[h=2]Congratulations![/h]
Sled_welcome.gif
You have successfully completed your Saskatchewan Snowmobile Safety Course with a final exam grade of 93%!

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least you can hit pinecones with the pro and not break the E and S modules that are unchanged nor beefed up since 08.
there are probably some scrap yards with a few thousand driveshafts from xp's that maybe we could find and make fit in our poo's ????

tukernater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
at least you can hit pinecones with the pro and not break the E and S modules that are unchanged nor beefed up since 08.
there are probably some scrap yards with a few thousand driveshafts from xp's that maybe we could find and make fit in our poo's ????

Take a deep breath you'll be fine.

cs5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Then why does the other belt need a guard? I actually think this may be a valid concern.

The other belt has a guard for two reasons, one the belt is heavy and if it comes apart it can damage other components under your hood but the biggest reason is so that if your clutch comes apart it will protect you. The quickdrive belt weighs almost nothing and will not rip apart your sled should it fail. If the gears should fall off the shaft they will drop in the belly pan and thats the end of that. It's all about mass. I for one have NO FEAR of the quickdrive belt coming apart and hurting me and if your crazy enough to have the sled on a stand with the side panel removed the throttle pinned and stick your hand in the drive system well.... no words need be said.

sledheadjoe

Reaction score
theres a foot guard anyways so whatever!!! good enough i say. should put a guard on polaris threads on snow and mud to keep the doo heads from posting in it now thats an idea. haha cheers

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
back 20 years ago i had a primary flew apart on a 925bb tripple, blew threw the beltguard and foot pegs with ease, riped poot that my toes were showing and took a chunk of skin out of my leg... needed to get stiches

also seen a chaincase fly apart that riped threw a bellypan and hood, would not want my head over that either

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
again, nice to see you guys catching up to 5 years ago. good on ya :beer:

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doo and poo have had their equal share of screw ups over the yrs used to be on a doo for 8 yrs

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They should not allow PRO models to be sold in saskatchewan. Only assaults and regular RMKs.

Top Bottom