polaris 1" receiver

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well went back up to keith Lake (richardson backcountry) for 2 nights towed a tub trailer. The 1" reciever on the rzr is junk will have to buy a 2" bolt on here soon.

Attachments

• keith lake 2010 019.jpg
    keith lake 2010 019.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 299
  • keith lake 2010 018.jpg
    keith lake 2010 018.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 300
  • keith lake 2010 017.jpg
    keith lake 2010 017.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 306
  • keith lake 2010 016.jpg
    keith lake 2010 016.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 302
  • keith lake 2010 013.jpg
    keith lake 2010 013.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 299

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How rough were you on that thing??
I've used mine to pull a tub trailer loaded with firewood and water into hunting camp and never had that problem. I use a solid receiver with a 1-7/8 ball similar to the one in the last pic I think.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How rough were you on that thing??
I've used mine to pull a tub trailer loaded with firewood and water into hunting camp and never had that problem. I use a solid receiver with a 1-7/8 ball similar to the one in the last pic I think.

its a 120 km arond trip. I know 2 other guys that have done the samething doing this trip, walking beam tub trailers and all. I've used mine around the lake lot but they were lighter loads and only travel 1 or 2 km not 120km. I was warned about this but didnt believe the stories. Now i'm a believer. UTV Canada sells a 2" heavy duty reciever for 109.99 on their website I'll be buying it sometime over the winter.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
princess auto has receiver adapters that go into a 1" and converts it into a 2"..you could install it.. then weld the sucker in...my buddy razor he removed his and made a new one with a 2" ball and rings for pulling

crazy_wheeler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll keep a closer eye on mine then cause yours is the first one I've seen do that. Thanks

Joeyjesse

Reaction score
I've got that same receiver. I think I might just pad the sides with a couple pieces of 1/8 steel, stitch weld them in there and ream the holes through. Esentually increasing the wall thickness on the side. Budda bing

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Upgraded the receiver on the RZR. This one shouldn't bust apart. You can see the difference in thickness in the last photos.

Attachments

• hitch1.jpg
    hitch1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 165
  • hitch2.jpg
    hitch2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 166
  • hitch3.jpg
    hitch3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 167

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
they built it like that because thats as much as the razr is good for. LOL just messin around

man, i miss those trips up to 6. i lived in fort mac 24 yrs and always loved that trip, except the smashed in window and burglarized truck upon my return

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya I've been going up since I was 9, I'm 27 now so I've been doing for awhile. We've been lucky so far no vechile break ins so far

they built it like that because thats as much as the razr is good for. LOL just messin around

man, i miss those trips up to 6. i lived in fort mac 24 yrs and always loved that trip, except the smashed in window and burglarized truck upon my return

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tires are next on the list. I'm going to buy highlifter springs and put mudlite xl 26x12's on the rear and 26x10's on the front. I dont want to go to tall because I tow a tub trailer with alot of gear in it for camping.

Night and day difference, you need some better tires though. ;)

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The tires are next on the list. I'm going to buy highlifter springs and put mudlite xl 26x12's on the rear and 26x10's on the front. I dont want to go to tall because I tow a tub trailer with alot of gear in it for camping.

I would suggest mud lite xtr's over the regular ML, they have a flatter tread and better traction than the ML.
I just moved up from the xtr's to zillas for my rzr and so far like them very much.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd get zillas way before mudlites.

on something like that id rather get bighorns than either

man i hate mudlites. everytime i hear someone say that word i cringe.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to know! I like the big horns as well. I run in alot of sand are the big horns any good in the sand? And how are the zilla's and the XTR's in the sand? (I also play in the mud a bit wanna find something thats good all around)

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sand is a tough one.

The big horns will be better on trails and rocks, bush and side hilling and over all control id have to say esp on a UTV they are a tough tire.

But i have to give the nod in mud between the 3 to the zillas as that's what they are more purpose built for over the others.

In the sand its always somewhat a toss up but the more paddled tire usually wins there depending on tread pattern so probably the zilla there as well since they use a more flat bar tread than the mud lite and the bighorns run a broken tread which should sink more.

ive never ran the Bighorns in sand but Ive ran other broken tread tires like the interco swamplites and they were not great in sand just dig you to china.

but so do alot of tires alot of guys have problems with atvs in pure sand that's why they make sand tires with big tread bars on em.

Sparx

Reaction score
Whatever you do, do not run mud tires in the sand up in the Richardson area unless you like to overheat and get towed around everywhere!

The sand and big lugs on the mud tires don't mix with the sand. Towing on top of that is a recipe for disaster. Couldn't tell you how many people I see up there having overheat issues all running mud tires, some not even towing a tub! LOL

Best tires for the sand are any type of radial tires and factory tires. Believe it or not, them factory RZR tires work pretty good! How do I know? We have a RZR ourselves, and have lots of experience heading into all the hardest to get lakes up in the Richardson area.

I have ran paddle tires on my YFZ, they work, but aren't needed whatsoever. My factory radials take me everywhere the paddle tires do, they only difference is on technical hillclimbs the paddles just keep pulling you up the hill when the radials dig down and get high centered. More for looks than anything else, and more suited to the bigger dunes in the states IMO.

A great aftermarket tire great in the sand with the tallest lug I'd recommend is the TerraX ITP tires since they are radials. I run those on my 6x6 and they work as good as any other tire or better I've seen. In the end, keep the costs down, keep it simple and run your factory tires. Better power with the right size tire, easier on the belt for the big hills and big heavy tubs... This all coming from someone who never blows belts, never overheats, and passes most of the people when riding up north all the same time with some of the bigger loads too.... :d

We run that same hitch on our RZR, works great, just don't get carried away and try towing over 5000lbs with it. Don't ask.... But we patched it up, just put a hairline crack on it.

Attachments

• DSC02674.JPG
    DSC02674.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 119

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol i have a feeling the whole running mud tires and over heating bikes has nothing to do with actually running mud tires man.

more to do with what they were doing before they went out into the sand hills.

aka plugging their rads up with mud and then not cleaning them thoroughly.

to me that seems like a much more reasonable explanation.

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would run the stock tires but I already have plugs in two of the tires. The 2 ply rating doesn't cut it. Thanks for all the info guys

Top Bottom