Pms fix kit feed back

pud

Reaction score
It could be your TPS, throttle position sensor.... look into that, I had the same thing with my Assault when i first installed the kit last year...

I got the tps checked and it was out so they calibrated it for me and read the codes. Only one that came up was crank sensor. I thank you for your help, I drove it today only for about five miles and didn't get any lights it ran good.

Newgen

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing the SLP Pipe Set with the PA Heads 13.1..................I already have the PC5 and the "Fix Kit" installed. My question is, what weights would I run for around home 2,000 feet elevation and around the mountains say for 6,000 - 8,000 feet.

Thanks
No one has said what weights to use for sure. I'm in and around Regina and was told "by the kidiots" at the local dealer to run 68's around here and 62's in mcbride area. Also no one (around here) has mentioned changing exhaust valve springs.

In running an SLP can, vforce 3 reeds, SLP intake horn and a PCV w/ auto tune and a "zero" map. (SLP says to run it until I get a complete single pipe kit"

it's booked in for the 08 mapping next Monday after the fix kit went in last Friday. Any suggestions on exhaust springs/PCV mapping I should look into?

also the dealer told me that quite a few people that have been running blue/pink springs have been swapping them out with the line green one. Thoughts??

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
crisco sells after market exhaust springs they r a lighter weight the ehaust valves are lazy and the lighter spring helps

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been riding my "fix kit" 09 Dragon around home here in the ditches. Chris at Parkland Motorsports installed the fix kit, 13.1 par heads, power programmer, softer exhaust springs and the sled runs so much better now. A lot snappier and I had to had 2 grams of weight to my weights in my clutch to bring my rpms down from the added power. The throttle response is great! The elevation here is 3100 ft. Above sea level and I havn't had a single Det light with the 13.1 head on. Chris did top notch work on both my sled and my dads!!! Defiantly recommend the "fix kit" to anyone with a dragon.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I finally got to REALLY try out my 09 D 8 this past weekend in Mcbride, after some final adjustments, and all I can say is "WOW". This thing flat out rips ! I want to also say a big thanks to Chris at Parkland for all of your tuning help he really does know how to make these things work. I installed the Fix Kit, Full SLP Exhaust, V Force reeds, pink/blue primary and pink exh springs. It has the original 09 higher comp head. The other things I did that really cleaned up the idle and mid range was TPS base was way out, oil pump was set WAY LEAN and went to the April 2010 flash and SLP tune in PCV. Switched to the updated Pro spark plug caps too. I lined up against 2 stock 2012 Pros in 2.5 ft of fresh and the Dragon pulled the hill 1/2 a sled length in front all the way up the hill. Finally the way we should have gotten them in the first place. If you want to get rid of your issues. Do it all the first time.
Cheers ! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360274660.370947.jpg

Jonny..

Reaction score
I've pulled 8300 rpm with my fix in my 09 d8, 68 g weights stoutner 162 pcv map w 08 poo flash ORIGINAL 09 head before update.....pulls! No miss fire 130 deg max temp.....slp single pipe kit with can

Top Bottom