Pms fix kit feed back

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Road the dragon in the mountains this weekend and wow I was impressed with the power It had. On this dragon we have the PMS fix kit, slp 3000 to 6000 head, softer exhaust valve springs, pcv with the slp tune, slp single pipe, v force reeds, and we opened up the air box for more air. It ran like a top, on the trail, at the top, and under 3 feet of pow. It will pull 64 grams up top no prob and has tons of throttle response. I found the exhaust temps are alot lower with the pcv map, at wot they would hit 1170 and would not get any hotter, and on the trail in the mid range still ran cool 1025 so all in all this set up works well no doubt about it. If you like your dragon and want to keep it this is a sweet set up.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris what flash do you have in it? Runnin premium gas or better?Wish I could get out on mine.Thanks for the info.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Chris what flash do you have in it? Runnin premium gas or better?Wish I could get out on mine.Thanks for the info.

Running premium fuel and have the late 09 flash Ill try to find out the # but it ripppppppppps.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cool I've got the original 08 flash with the 08 high comp head and a PC5 with the Dyno Tech 162hp map.Hope it works as good.
Have you done a comp test or checked the squish,just wondering.

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NIce to hear something is working, THanks for posting. mine is a stock 2009 D8 with an MBRP can. 1100 miles and never a problem AT ALL. no mid range bog pulls 7900 RPM all day long.... LOVE THIS SLED. but worried with all the issues i am reading about. Do i need a PCV with this FIX kit. I have been told by my dealer that a PCV with TItanium springs in clutches and a single pipe has worked EXTREMELY well. sled pulls 8300 RPM. I want to build reliability back into the sled ..........but want to do it right the first time. Have read issues with the Wiseco Pistons is this a reality ? is there anyone runing the Fix with an otherwise stock sled ? would like to hear from them.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chris after that trip what do you think i should do...do the fix on mine ride it another year or leave it and pro up next year? thanks!:)

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took the Poo out to GT on the weekend. Fell in love with the POS again! It rocks! - for me anyway! It was really snappy and I could notice a little more power, ran like a top! Even tried to race Timbo, but he has a little more experience and know how to make a Poo purrr!

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep the Poo's made a good showing,mine ran awesome also pulling some big weight in the clutch,sounded crisp all day.Hopefully we will get some mileage out of the top-end with this new kit.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took the fix kit out this last weekend and so far so good,,,, snappy on the bottom end, but was not pulling my full rpm at top end on pulls, but was just thinking break in right... Do you guys with the kit think these things work better with a set of aftermarket reeds or just need more break in?

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$545 from "PMS" just google there site and will give you all the info.... and no you donot need anything else.... if your in Valleyview, Hyper Toys in Dawson carries these kits now also...

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
would this work as well on a 08 d7 or is it more inclined for the 800's? and has anyone tried the slp stage 1-3 performance kits out?

Last edited:

754bigbore

Reaction score
The pistons in the kit are made for the 800 block. They are made(with all things being equal and in good shape) to slip right into the cylinders. The pin height is also lowered to reduce rock compared to the factory pistons. As far as I know the 700's never had the issues of undersized pistons and pin height too high like the 800's do.

jols

Reaction score
$545 from "PMS" just google there site and will give you all the info.... and no you donot need anything else.... if your in Valleyview, Hyper Toys in Dawson carries these kits now also...

YES... you do need a new set of wrist pin roller bearings, an extra base cylinder gasket as the shim needs one on each side (the kit only comes with 1) and new head gaskets or o-rings.

Top Bottom