Pms fix kit feed back

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The pistons in the kit are made for the 800 block. They are made(with all things being equal and in good shape) to slip right into the cylinders. The pin height is also lowered to reduce rock compared to the factory pistons. As far as I know the 700's never had the issues of undersized pistons and pin height too high like the 800's do.
Pin height is the same on both pistons,the kit pistons are approx 1/4 in taller on the ring end,which is why you need the spacer plate.

sledrs

Reaction score
I have the SLP stge 2 kit with the PCV and the SLP map. Digitron runs 1050 to 1140 at wot. Works excellent on my 2010 Assult! Never had an issue on this sled with 1000 miles on it. Did this cause warranty expires in 2 weeks and like others, still sceptical on mid lean. Now if it happens, can only blame myself for now watching the guages.

Brad62

Reaction score
I put the PMS kit in this fall and couldn't be happier. I have a 09 dragon that has about 1000 miles on the update kit and it was running fine but I did the kit for peace of mind. Since I didn't run the old setup recently (last spring) before I did the kit I can't comment on the real change it made. But I can tell you that it is now pulling consistent revs at wot and varying conditions where last year it wouldn't. I was trying to clutch it all last year to get satisfied and this past weekend it ran strong all weekend long with the same clutching as last year. Just have to put some miles on it to get the true sense of its value. The engine does sound quieter at idle than it did before the fix.

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to say.... second trip on the fix.... down in Blue today and found some good snow and long pull and wow my dragon has not ran better.... 100miles on the fix now and i would recommend this fix to anybody that is still running the 09/10 800's... pulled top rpm all day with out a miss!!!:)

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i have an 09 800 Assault with the most recent flash (as far as i know) also the 2010 engine update,(which i believe included pistons, head and appropriate cylinder honing), does this "fix kit" accomplish the same thing or does this kit provide even greater improvement/durability/performance over the factory updates?

( i am unfamiliar with this fix other than what i have read about on here)

Any info would be greatly appreciated

jols

Reaction score
The "Fix Kit" is a top end kit from MTNTK and is available and sold by PMS (Performance Motor Sports) Polaris in Idaho. It is designed to correct the loose tolerances that the "updated" engines from polaris are suffering from. One of Polaris solution to fix the "mid lean spot" problem was to use smaller pistons so they could take more swelling during long operation in this spot... So I've been told. The problem now is that the bottom skirt of the piston is now "rocking" on the bottom of the stroke and connecting with the bottom of the cylinder that causes bad scuffing to the skirt of the piston. Over time this WILL eventually cause fatigue to this part of the piston and can break. If this happens... Well... it's game over but I don't have to tell you that!! Especially if the piece falls down into the crankcase and then it's catastrophic!! The "Fix Kit" consists of tighter and taller pistons than the updated pistons from Polaris. To make up the height of the taller pistons there is a shim to be installed in between the crankcase and the cylinders. Everything you need is included in the kit EXCEPT you should purchase: 2 new wrist pin roller bearings, an extra crankcase to cylinder gasket (as you need one on either side of the shim), and a new head gasket or O-ring depending on which head you have installed. The "Fix Kit" comes with: 2 new correct size pistons, 2 new wrist pins with pin clips, 1 shim, 1 crackcase to cylinder gasket and longer head bolts. Here is a link for more info on the kit... The ''FIX'' Performance Motor Sports Ashton, ID (208) 652-7738 Hope this helps!! Good Luck!! P.S. Some dealers or people are selling these kits locally now

Last edited:

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
After alot of searching on the internet, I found PMS which then forwarded me to Chris at Parkland Motorsports. We had 3-2009 800 dragons(pulling 7800 rpm with compression of 110in both cylinders) to Chris. He put in the fix kit, fixed air box, collant bypass kit, pink springs in exhaust, bypass electric valves, v-force reeds, PC5 power commander and 6000-9000 billet slp heads. All three have slp exhaust systems and run amazing, they have 68 gram weights that pull 8200rpm. Just spent three days in the mountains, all sleds ran excellent and felt like brand new power horsing dragons. The fix kit allows the Dragons run really good and if anybody has any problem talk to Chris he will ``fix``you up`.

akrevrider

Reaction score
After alot of searching on the internet, I found PMS which then forwarded me to Chris at Parkland Motorsports. We had 3-2009 800 dragons(pulling 7800 rpm with compression of 110in both cylinders) to Chris. He put in the fix kit, fixed air box, collant bypass kit, pink springs in exhaust, bypass electric valves, v-force reeds, PC5 power commander and 6000-9000 billet slp heads. All three have slp exhaust systems and run amazing, they have 68 gram weights that pull 8200rpm. Just spent three days in the mountains, all sleds ran excellent and felt like brand new power horsing dragons. The fix kit allows the Dragons run really good and if anybody has any problem talk to Chris he will ``fix``you up`.

What are the electric valves that you are talking about?

07grizzly

Reaction score
Ordered my fix kit wednesday should be here today hope it works good. Heading to sicamous sledding on the 24th I think I'll wait tell I get back to put it in!!

poopow

Reaction score
hey guys have a 2009 assault with 1200 miles on it.. had poor idle would not go into reverse so i checked compression. pto side 100psi other side 90 psi. sled still ran and pulled decent noticed only was getting 7700 rpm tore it down last night found pto side cyclinder skirt broke off and sitting in its proper location lucky. enough clearance on both cylinders that one would think they were the stock pistons in a 20 over hole. want to do the fix kit but do i have to run a map set up as well or can i put kit in with a set of v-force reeds and go. thanks for any help.

wildman

Reaction score
U should have the PC5 on it. These sleds run lean in the midrange, have to add fuel.

Audette13

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just rode my 09 assault this past weekend with newly installed fix kit, slp single, PCV and high comp head(slp) and lighter exhaust valve springs, ( i already had v force reeds and high flow intake)

the sled feels like a whole new beast, i couldn't believe the difference, pulled like a tank super excited, this thing feels like a brand new ride, love it

thanks to chris at parkland motorsports

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
Ya Chris at Parkland did mine and wow does it rip, would not of went any other way. Love the machine

mohawk

Reaction score
So would the same go for the 2010 assaults be plagued with the same problems, no PC5 yet, and pto side went down, the fix kit sounds awesome but not a fan of wiesco pistons........

mohawk

Reaction score
Well ordered my "FIX KIT" from chris at parkland, a little late no snow but will have everything ready, PC5, egt gauges, fix kit

Top Bottom