Please Vote

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
Only takes a second.

Thompson says the group is calling for local snowmobiling closures recommended by the science team including "full closures" in the Hub, including Mt. Grace, Mt. Celista (including access trails), Mt. Pettipiece, Caribou Basin, Keystone/Standard Basin (above 1300 m.), the Queest areas and the northern 30% of Frisby ridge.

The save the caribou groups aren`t happy with the gov. decision and are requesting further closures for mt. caribou recovery. :mad: Stay tuned for the club and society`s response to Ms. Thompsons article next wk.
......and YES this is in addition to the closures the gov. just announced.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/snowmobile-closures/

Powder Puff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledrevelstoke.com
I`ve seen a few;) and for the record for anyone lurking here for something to slam us with these pics. were taken in open areas on popular snowmobiling mtns. in Revy where the animals seem to spend more time where we are allowed to still snowmobile than the growing areas that are put aside for them. They travel easier on our tracks and there sure the he!! isn`t any cougars or wolves in the alpine here looking around looking for their next meal.

Again we were in a open to snowmobiling area, we are just as surprised to see them. I took a quick pic. cause I enjoy seeing wildlife while I am recreating just as much as the next guy and then we left the area.
FrisbyCaribouBasin058.jpg

In this pic. there were 21 riders at a popular meeting place in an open to snowmobile area, see the animals laying down resting in the background?
FrisbyApril10008.jpg

and again note them in another heavily snowmobiled area.
FrisbySlednecksMods020.jpg

Maverick800XRS

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Voted ... i love this sport too much and i love the areas i can ride in too much... they just want us to be like all the Eastern provinces and ride trails at controlled speeds with snowmobile police.

Send the link to all families and friends that love this sport, we should win this vote by atleast 90%.

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is amazing how much the animals adapt to our sleds they dont mind them at all .... too bad the tree huggers couldnt see that .... when weve been sledding in the crowsnest pass we have seen the odd moose on the trail stop let it do its thing then it will tour off into the trees only to be spotted a short time later but yupp the sleds scare em off never to be seen again

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
voted. It seems it is okay to expand ski hills, and give heli skiers more areas but snowmobiliers are the ones that are causing all the problems. Last time I checked you have to log forests to expand ski hills and Helicopters aren't very quite either.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Voted

Total Votes: 143
Yes 56 votes (39 %)
No 87 votes (60 %)
Current High Answer: No

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Kath.Thanks for the post.I voted and will still ride it no matter what,and I know a few that will do the same.(the whole snowmobiling community)

I voted no as well, have seen caribou in the allen creek area ( valemount ) on occasion as well.

This I'm afraid is the wrong attitude though, if the area becomes closed you then become a bigger part of the problem and give the whole community a bad rap , feeding the greenies fire, and then we even lose more. Whether you agree or not with a closure, it needs to be respected, for the better of the sled community. I believe sled clubs/ individuals/ organizations, etc. need to pool resources to do their own studies into these kinds of matters and provide the decision makers with legitmate info that either contradicts or supports the info put forth by the lobbyist groups.

just my .02

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Total Votes: 239
Yes 128 votes (53 %)
No 111 votes (46 %)
Current High Answer: Yes

Voted ttt...

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thank you very much for this post. :)

We all agree on this site, that it should not be closed. Bottom line, is that a few (and I mean a small few) of these tree huggers may be on this site. Or have a enviromently friendly toy......Whatever that means?????

The best thing that we all can do as a community, is "play nice". Do NOT give them any words of encouragement. Like; kill, still go, can't stop us. I have been to a few of these meetings in the past. As soon as a group of riders don't like what their hearing, they act like a bunch of 15 year olds. And all that does, is throw more kindling in the fire to stoke it up on their behalf. The Gov will listen to a squeaky wheel, not yahoo's. Trust me, I like going "YAHOO" as much as the next person.
If we are to play like a team, we must act like a team. :)

Just my two sense.

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a ton of tracks from Caribou about a week and a half ago on Frisby ridge. I don't want to say exactly were but it was a well snowmobiled area as well. These animals are not bothered by are sleds. This whole thing is just a ploy for the snowmobile haters to push for more closures. Why doesn't the government see this???

Top Bottom