Place to stay in or around Golden

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I like the ponderosa they have several rooms with three double beds, is the cheapest just and off the highway to boot. No pool but they do have a hot tub that is relatively clean ,well at least it does not have floating beer cans in it like the rim, and the owner is quite nice.
Stayed there years ago and the owner was super nice. His name was Aaron. Same guy?

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thinking of booking a trip to mount 7 this coming january for the wifes suprise b-day or we might go to halcyon hot springs. just trying to figure out which is best.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Radium is about an hour south of Golden on hwy 95. Why not both? Mount 7 is a super fun short trail ride 1/2 day trip with an amazing view from the top! You could be done by noon or shortly after and still have time to rip to Radium and laze in the pools for a few hours. It's a great play to relax!

goldenboys

Reaction score
Mary's.... Yuck. Is close to the bars aaha. Sportsman still doing $72 this year, just confirmed. They did state they just converted to a Travelodge so look for new sign. Ohhh and they sponsor Mary' s definitely dont'. Things I remember when i'm bombing down that freshly groomed trail. Yeoooow...

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
be warry of mary ...
remember to ask for a sledder discount ... seriously!
our buddy wanted a room for a satdy nite in winter and $150 at several places, when girl at front desk saw his sled ... $89 !!!

apex373

Reaction score
We have stayed at Mount 7 lodge a couple of times and it is awesome for families and groups .Super clean private not to far to Silent pass. Private Hot tub BBQ absolutely beautiful.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest supporters of the club are Mount 7 Lodges, the Days Inn (formally known as The Rim... Still supporters), and of course The Sportsman! The Ponderosa is also a supporter! Support those who support the Club!!

^^^ THIS GUY WOULD KNOW BEST!!! but I agree sportsman aka travelodge now I guess is great spot and good people!!!! and best price!!!

BCPOW

Reaction score
Sportsman all the way! waterslide dude!!!!! hahaha

But seriously, they got everything ya need and nothing you don't (great staff, driving loop for 4 places, hot tub/pool and THE WATERSLIDE, continental breakfast, and free internet in the lobby and its close to Legendz Diner.

.....check-in, hit up the tub, a few pops, sleep, wake-up, eat breaky, check the morning reports then head out, and repeat......all this for the best price in town. It will be my second home once again this winter

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sportsman all the way! waterslide dude!!!!! hahaha

But seriously, they got everything ya need and nothing you don't (great staff, driving loop for 4 places, hot tub/pool and THE WATERSLIDE, continental breakfast, and free internet in the lobby and its close to Legendz Diner.

.....check-in, hit up the tub, a few pops, sleep, wake-up, eat breaky, check the morning reports then head out, and repeat......all this for the best price in town. It will be my second home once again this winter

man your getting me all excited I just want to pack up and head out haha

Top Bottom