Place to stay in or around Golden

saz

Reaction score
I have a group of about 8 that are headed to Golden this year for sledding at the end of Feb. Can anyone make a suggestion on a place to stay, in the past at other places we have stayed at everything from lodges to B&B. We need a spot that is secure, that we can park a few enclosed trailers and is not far to the riding areas. Thanks for your help

fnDan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Super 8 and the Sportsman are the 2 I like.
Golden Rim is good but you have to drive if you want to check out other restaurants or bars at night. Their parking lot gets a little tight too.

There are others, but I prefer the motel setup instead of a typical hotel when dragging gear into a room.

goldenboys

Reaction score
The Old Rim owners sold. No longer support. Sportsman still biggest sponsors, owner sleds. Close to half dozen bars, restaurants and gas stations. HUGE parking lot! Hot tub, sauna, pool. They did $72 sledder rate last year!! Value for Money, crazzy to stay anywhere else.

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Old Rim owners sold. No longer support. Sportsman still biggest sponsors, owner sleds. Close to half dozen bars, restaurants and gas stations. HUGE parking lot! Hot tub, sauna, pool. They did $72 sledder rate last year!! Value for Money, crazzy to stay anywhere else.

Plus you can shut the water off on the slide as your buddy is trying to go down it.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plus you can shut the water off on the slide as your buddy is trying to go down it.

If you're over 6' tall, do not do the slide standing up like snowboarding, but encourage your friends to after a few beers and watch while they come around underneeeeethandBANG!

underdog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you're over 6' tall, do not do the slide standing up like snowboarding, but encourage your friends to after a few beers and watch while they come around underneeeeethandBANG!

uploadfromtaptalk1347303691869.jpg

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know when i was hotelling around golden the swiss chatlets? just west half a block from the dinner was always good. Chinese lady in there always remembered me and my name. Was always quiet and clean, good rates to boot.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Huh, well I never knew that. Havn't stayed they for prob 3 years. We now stay at a house near golden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2012ProRMK

Reaction score
We have stayed at Mount 7 lodges and the Prestige. Mount Seven is awesome, especially for 8 people. Rent your own cabin for like $300/night and it'll sleep all of you. Except its 10 minutes out of town. And the Prestige was nice. Sledders rate, pool, and an awesome restaurant next door. (Think its called the FirePit.) And they let you sleep on the first floor in the of the hotel, and they have a parking lot back there, so you can park your rig and watch it out the window.

GSR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The biggest supporters of the club are Mount 7 Lodges, the Days Inn (formally known as The Rim... Still supporters), and of course The Sportsman! The Ponderosa is also a supporter! Support those who support the Club!!

saz

Reaction score
thanks everyone for the great information, does anyone know of a reasonible priced guide in the area?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks everyone for the great information, does anyone know of a reasonible priced guide in the area?
From what I've seen, a lot of the guides in the area are similarly priced. Aaron at Mountain Motorsports is an awesome guy, knows some great areas where you will find good snow and no crowds.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mary's Motel dude...stumbling distance to the river house...lol

snowho

Reaction score
I like the ponderosa they have several rooms with three double beds, is the cheapest just and off the highway to boot. No pool but they do have a hot tub that is relatively clean ,well at least it does not have floating beer cans in it like the rim, and the owner is quite nice.

Top Bottom