Pistons

ScottPruden

Reaction score
How long before its time to replace bottom end? I usually sell sled before I have to . Top end around 3000kms? What about bottom?

tchriste

Reaction score
I have 4,000 miles on my topend and will be rebuilding this year. One of the guys I ride with has 8,000 miles on his bottom end, and 2 others have 6,000 miles on theirs with no issues...in fact one has 6,000 miles on both top and bottom ends. All of these are M8s.... 2-09 and 2-10. and yes I am talking miles....all have a certain amount of mods, my 09 is maxed out. We ride everything here so boondocking, climbing, etc.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long before its time to replace bottom end? I usually sell sled before I have to . Top end around 3000kms? What about bottom?

If its a Ski Doo for sure, that would be one of the long lasting ones.... LOL.

Cat, no way. Check compression if its still good keep riding. The Cat bottom ends are like Harley motors, very stout.

ScottPruden

Reaction score
Well it only lasted half a day, rode up to bell can blew apart had to run down and get welded then lost a chunk of ring on the way down the trail ended up going through the bottom end and got stuck next to the reeds. Guess should of replaced top end when I was thinking of doing it. The pto side looked good lots of cross hatch.

Top Bottom