pimpin up rzr

yamadoo

Reaction score
I just bought a new rzr and put 26" x 12" bugs on the back, I know I will need a spacer but is it enough or do I need a lift kit as well? Seems real tight around motor mount on pass. side.

amunro

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a buddy that put 12 wide on his rhino with spacers and his still hits his exaust pipe and the motor mount, i would put in the highlifter lift. but i also dont know how it will affect the axle angles
just my 2bits

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got 26x12 xtr's on my rzr, I put on some ITP offset rims but spacers would work just as well, I also put on the highlifter 2" lift kit but you do not need it, I never had a problem with rubbing without it.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We put a 2 inch Rubber Down Customs lift.
Works great.

yamadoo

Reaction score
seen that rubberdown kit, no problems with cv's or feelin tippy with the lift? did that also give you guys the clearance with that motor mount?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't drive the rzr. The lift really helps over logs and big ruts.
She has tipped it on it's side a few times in big mud holes.
No cv problems and has 900 km on it.

I am not sure about the motor mount question?

yamadoo

Reaction score
maybe a change for 2010? not sure but not much clearance on passenger side front of tire, that rad hose being RIGHT there kinda making me nervous too!!

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I started with the stock black rims and put on 26" xtr's, the dealer said it would work but it rubbed that mount on the passenger side so I bought the ITP rims and solved the problem, wheel spacers would do the same here.

You don't need the lift, I put one on to give a little more clearance as the RZR sags so much with the stock springs, the rubberdown lift is probably the better one, I got the highlifter as I could get it local.
I plan on getting the Highlifter springs on mine for next spring as it still sags.

The lift did not make it more tippy, if you look at how it sits with people and gear in it, the CV's are straight or even sag a little, Polaris could have easily made the rzr a little taller.

yamadoo

Reaction score
sent rubberdown parts request!! Is it just me or do those self tapping bolts for the popo accesories bite??!!! Ended up just drilling out most of the holes nuts and bolts. Gotta be a better setup that what they are sending out with these kits:eek:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sent rubberdown parts request!! Is it just me or do those self tapping bolts for the popo accesories bite??!!! Ended up just drilling out most of the holes nuts and bolts. Gotta be a better setup that what they are sending out with these kits:eek:

I never had any drilling to do?(All bolts included in my kit)
About 40 minutes and a couple beer and all good.
I am unsure why you had problems.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Which Polaris accesories are you talking about?

yamadoo

Reaction score
front and rear bumpers,rock sliders etc. self tapping bolts??!! just seemed kinda weak to me for all the pounding machine goes through. drilled the holes bit bigger and used normal bolts with nylon lock nuts.

yamadoo

Reaction score
got 1" spacers for the back end,lotsa clearance now.Sent Rubberdown email for 2" lift but no response yet, holidays and all. Hitting the Ab. Beach rally tommorow so first good ride on it,see if wifey is happy with it:d

500ssJW

Reaction score
I gotta 08 rzr with a 3 inch lift and 28 inch mudlights on it. I put 1 inch wheel spacers in the back. Never ever have a problem with anything now. All iv ever had to do to it was get the engine rebuilt as it sucked in dirt because of the crappy airbox. I fixed that problem now. Heres some pictures of it a little muddy :d

Attachments

• My sled and quads 003.jpg
    My sled and quads 003.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 31
  • My sled and quads 002.jpg
    My sled and quads 002.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 26

hogwild

Reaction score
if you put lift you will need wheel spacers ,ass you go up the wheels move in.phone rubber down and get 2in lift ,2in rear spacers and 1 1/2 front spacers. its better to phone rubber down thier number is on web site

500ssJW

Reaction score
Thanks alot! Shes for sale if anyones interested in buying one thats all set up and ready to go!

Top Bottom