Phyllis lake area, closed to campers.

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure this totally belongs in the mud pit but now there will be limited places to unload...

My old man is out at their cabin by phyllis and said the road on the cutline is being dug up and closed off to campers. I assume this has a lot to do with the bus full of garbge that was left out there this year and also the burnt car by swan creek that's been there for a couple years.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. That sucks.

5 years ago we where there 3/4 of a mile from the fire and got evacuated.

7 years ago on a may long , to the right of the hill back in the end it was so bad.

We picked up 13 big black bags of cans , made 250 bucks and payed for camping.

We made a few groups of kids clean up the broken glass , garbage ect. But everywhere else it was sick. Little Bastages.

sent while I should be drinking twisted teas

SlowKrawl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. That sucks.

5 years ago we where there 3/4 of a mile from the fire and got evacuated.

7 years ago on a may long , to the right of the hill back in the end it was so bad.

We picked up 13 big black bags of cans , made 250 bucks and payed for camping.

We made a few groups of kids clean up the broken glass , garbage ect. But everywhere else it was sick. Little Bastages.

The fire...That got started by the wellhead at the end of the gravel road? Then the day after it snowed? That was 5 years ago ?!

I remember it, it was a little too close to our cabin for comfort..Small fire but really makes you think. This spring a guy tried to have a weiner roast with his kids in the middle of the cutline when it was DRY and frickin windy and started a big grass fire...Dumbass move for sure but I almost felt bad for the guy, just trying to have a good time with his wife and kids. It all contributes to these places getting shut down, no real skin off my arse as it's probably better security for our cabin anyways.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes the one in the well head ,

We where camping south on top on the hill that over looks the creek.

Yes the wind came up bad cause the storm was blowing in.

Oh well didn't have to pack up in the snow.

Top Bottom