Fernie Area Sledders/Boaters Dream - For Sale

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This property is overlooking Tie Lake and will be available for private sale in January.
Been in the family for over 20 years and started out with a 3 bedroom cabin on the back of the property which has now been legally subdivided off from the main house and shop.
There are various options for purchasing i.e. just the main house and shop or the entire property (house, shop with loft, 3 bedroom cabin, detached double car garage, workshop - 5 buildings in total)

Here are the main features:

• Architect designed main house is 3700 sq feet on 3 levels and was built as a residence with a separate 3 suite B&B on the lower level
  • House has large attached 2 car garage and there is a heated shop with a full loft suite with kitchen across the driveway
  • 3 hour drive from south Calgary
  • Sled in/sled out to sledding areas in the Sand Creek, Bull River areas etc
  • Dirt biking and Quad riding directly from property
  • Dock on Tie Lake
  • 20 minutes to Lake Koocanusa
  • Short drive to Fernie and Kimberly ski resorts (and sledding)
  • Short drive to Coal Creek, Morrissey sled staging areas
  • Potential income from Bed & Breakfast, sled tours, and/or rental of loft and cabin

PM for pricing, more info and more pictures

DCAM0012.JPG DCAM0013.JPG

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a general idea on price range:
$1.2m for main house, B&B, shop & loft
$1.6m for above plus 3 bedroom cabin, garage and shop

Potential Income:
$1500/month for long term rental of loft and cabin (total for both)
$30,000 plus per year for B&B

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find it odd that people with that kind of money would buy that kind of job.

For clarification - the main house was built as a retirement place with the walkout basement developed with 3 bedrooms each with it's own bathroom for use as a B&B. The B&B, as it was run, was not a business in the sense of trying to be highly profitable but as a source of extra retirement income. Also when the family gets together there are 29 of us so having all the space was important for that.

The B&B was mainly only run in the summer and the cabin and loft were rented mostly on a weekly basis during the summer and the odd week during the winter.
At 100% occupancy for year round on this basis the revenue would be close to $200,000 per year. The income in the original post was what could be reasonably expected as a casual operation. It is also some idea as to what could be expected as income to cover a mortgage payment if required. For the right person the setup could be turned into an adventure guided tour and sled/quad rental operation. It also works well for someone with a large family that enjoys all the area has to offer.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's more like someone with that kind of credit. Good way to let someone else pay your mortgage.

Our family is very hands on and built most everything ourselves over the years. The day my father retired he started work building the main house with the occaisonal help of 5 sons. His idea of relaxing wasn't with a golf club in his hand - he wanted a hammer and a project to do!
6362 Tie Lk Sh Rd (14)_fu.jpg 6362 Tie Lk Sh Rd (8)_fu.jpg 6362 Tie Lk Sh Rd (7)_0_fu.jpg IMG_0245.jpg

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMG_1548.jpg
This is the valley in behind Fernie Ski Hill - great ride on a dirt bike or quad. Beautiful and a ride in/ride out from the property. In the Lizard Range. Just try and be careful on the main crossing on Little Sand Creek - last ride I dumped the bike and landed in the cold water halfway up my helmet - coldest ride bake to the trailer i've had in years...

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There has got to be a sledding/biking/boating/adventure family or an investor ready to make a move on this...

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friends brand new TIGE wakeboard boat. His daughter is sponsored by them and SoulCraft boards etc. Water temperature was 72f.

Holy ****. The swamp I'm on. Lake isle is only 65 as of this weekend. I still swam lots but brrrr. Looks like a beautiful place !!

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holy ****. The swamp I'm on. Lake isle is only 65 as of this weekend. I still swam lots but brrrr. Looks like a beautiful place !!

The lake has a spring feed and is only 20 ' deep or so. Always warm enough for a swim or go out on the boat. The B&B has a lot of guests from Europe - they are always in awe about how vast Western Canada is. We are lucky to live in one of the best parts of one of the best countries in the world. Appreciation and gratitude is due every day.

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually not the Tige - that is still being built - this picture is of the Centurion wave surfing boat (which is now being sold). All the new boats look the same to me - and they all have the obnoxiously loud speakers that try to outdo each other...

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should post the mls listing. Wish I could afford it, but I've got parents looking for lake front.

Top Bottom