Pemberton snowmobiler found

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
time to get new riding buddys, we would never leave anyone, we are never apart for more than a few min. good to see he was calm and knew what to doo, good ending but totaly avoidable, get some new buddys

glad to hear he is ok

giddyup

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I didn't mention that it was 4 sledders that found him first. Thanks Brock for coming out with me on short notice.

BC Sno-Ghost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta agree with gettin some new riding buddies! We also carry the SPOT (now that the recall has sent it back) along with FRS radios. Separated for a few minutes...stop machine, wait and listen. Nothing...turn on FRS radios and try to make contact while backtracking (this usually works), nothing, return to last point where we saw each other. If still nothing then I start to worry. Haven't had to leave an area yet and go for help....hope I never do.:beer:

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good to hear he's OK. With friends like that he doesn't need enemies !!!

shiftycliffy

Reaction score
Does any one no what the weather conditions were like, it just seems a little odd that they would up and leave there buddy hangin.It sounds like the weather was pretty bad so I wonder if they couldnt find there way back to him???But if they up and just left him ,I think we should all line up and take turns kickin them in the nadds.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather was good on the day he was got lost. The next day was bad so the "searchers" couldn't look and Monday it was in and out of the fog.

A couple of points if someone needs rescuing,

1. phone the cops and they will alert SAR, they did this

2. get in contact with the local snowmobile club and the local guide if there is one, Freinds of his didn't call me untill Sunday night, cops or SAR never did phone me. Could of looked for him Sunday, just cause the choppers can't fly doesn't mean you can't sled.

3. If you are lost and the weather is bad tramp a path a long way out in all directions from were you are holing up. We were 1 Km away and couldn't see him untill the fog lifted for a while. If we came across a path we would of just followed it to where he was.

4. When we couldn't hear the choppers anymore in the morning I phoned whistler RCMP to see if they had found him. They told me to phone Pemberton RCMP. WTF I am on my sat phone and you can't just tell me. Phoned Pemberton RCMP they said they "thought" they were still looking. You don't know for sure WTF. So phone phone Blackcomb helicopters and talk to the Pilot they were just in refueling and heading out again. So if if you want to know anything don't phone the cops, Phone the local Heli company and be persistant.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does any one no what the weather conditions were like, it just seems a little odd that they would up and leave there buddy hangin.It sounds like the weather was pretty bad so I wonder if they couldnt find there way back to him???But if they up and just left him ,I think we should all line up and take turns kickin them in the nadds.

Some people do weird things. Few months back this winter a friend of mine was plowing a logging road and found a woman holding a helmet at around 2am in the morning. She was balling and had been walking all night, apparently the guy she was doubling with told her to get off his sled and the group took off leaving her in the middle of nowhere. I wonder what she did to deserve that?

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some people do weird things. Few months back this winter a friend of mine was plowing a logging road and found a woman holding a helmet at around 2am in the morning. She was balling and had been walking all night, apparently the guy she was doubling with told her to get off his sled and the group took off leaving her in the middle of nowhere. I wonder what she did to deserve that?

Maybe it's what she didn't doo!!

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is a case of poor organization, planning, and communication.
Good on the guy to have a great sense of humour.

I take enough food'n'supplies to last one night for sure. I have a radio with good batteries, a GPS, and a SPOT.... and spare batteries.

whitegold

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Boy....the guys that did that really need there a$$es kicked!!!! :mad:

Chavez

Reaction score
55km without even looking over your shoulder for your buddies??????? Common people we all should be better than that!

Top Bottom