PCV map with fix kit???

assault146

Reaction score
Hi! I have a 2010 polaris assault 800 which I am installing the fix kit into, only mods are the fix kit of course and an mbrp can, I have a power commander 5 and am wondering which map I should install? Also do I also need to get the 08 flash? Thanks!

sledrs

Reaction score
I have 2 of those, just put the FIX in both. I run the slp map in mine with the stage 2 kit. I put a map from Jim at info@dynotechresearch.com; in My wifes which ha the same as you with pink exhaust springs. It runs real good but still hits 1340 on the exhaust temp around 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. going to email Jim and see what he says. Mine doesnt go over 1250 at any time. Must be the pipe? Be carefull after installation, both sleds pulled the dam chord out of my hand, friggen hurt.

Tang

Reaction score
I'm in the same situation, I installed the fix kit this year in my 2010 Dragon, its all stock even the exhaust system. I have PCV 5 and I'm going to run Jim's map that is for 154HP is what he told me.

Does anyone see a problem with this? I know Jim from Dyno Research was looking for a set up to dyno and see if the fix changed anything as far as the maps went.

Jamie

FeethookersCanada

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there is no need to run the pc5 with just the fix kit. unless your putting a stage 2 or 3 on it. no need to add fuel to a stock sled.

Tang

Reaction score
there is no need to run the pc5 with just the fix kit. unless your putting a stage 2 or 3 on it. no need to add fuel to a stock sled.

I ran the sled stock for the first year without any issues, but added the PCV 5 as per Dyno Research's recommendation to dumped a bit more fuel in for the mid range and leaned out the top end for an increase bonus increase, but still within safe limits.

sledrs

Reaction score
If you read Jims report, it gets rid of the 7000RPM stumble as well as the mid lean. My wife is quite happy as that bobble almost put her over the bars a few times. Jims map changes the fuel so the exhaust valves react different. Also why I went with Chrisco on the pink (lighter) exhaust springs.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even the stage 2 map will work good with out the pipe , they need more fuel and the exhaust valves need to open sooner. fact.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is why I like to send them out of hear the way we do, because I know when they are done our way the egt temps are 1250 in the mid going down the trail and they flat out rippp and stay together.

sledrs

Reaction score
Chris, the stage 2 map ran about 20 deg hotter at 1/2 to WOT on the stocker than the dynotec map. 1200-1250. the only time I seen the 1300's is at 1/4 throttle for a blink. I dont see anything to worry about. Mine with the stage 2 and exh springs stays 1200-1250 all the time. Last recal was 1249pto 1251 mag. Thanks again for all the help, AJ

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is the "fix" kit composed of? Can someone please explain what it is and how it "fixes" the sled?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is from MTNTK Performance, this is the kit I have been using for the past 2 yrs.

‎ > ‎
[h=3]"THE FIX" - DURABILITY KIT[/h]

The MTNTK “FIX KIT” or “DURABILITY KIT” is the proven solution to the piston failure that is common in the 2008 to 2010 POLARIS 800 engine. The failure is caused by the piston clearance in the cylinder being loose and allowing the pistons to rock in the cylinder bore. With that rock or “piston slap” the pistons scrape the cylinder wall and remove the oil film from the cylinder wall. As the pistons continue to scrape they begin to cause damage to the pistons, rings, and the cylinder. “Piston slap” also causes the pistons to develop a knifed edge and the piston skirts/cylinder skirts to fatigue. As this happens the engine will begin to loose compression and having “bog” issues, and as it worsens it will begin to idle poorly and not switch into reverse. The engine failure can take time and show all of these signs or can go quickly without notice. The MTNTK “FIX KIT” is designed to eliminate the piston slap issue. By adding a cylinder shim it allows us to increase the height of the piston which dramatically reduces the piston’s tendency to rock in the cylinder bore. The “FIX KIT” also tightens up the clearance in the cylinder, and by so doing increases the durability of the 800 motor, while increasing compression thus increasing power.
Fueling stock engines or mild modification: Our recommendation with the “FIX KIT” is to remove any aftermarket fuel controllers and have it re-flashed to the original ’08 flash.
Fueling modified engines: If you choose to add any other aftermarket products (IE: cans, pipes, power commanders) you will need to contact the aftermarket company you purchased the product from for their recommended flash for their products. The “FIX KIT” is compatible with most aftermarket products as it does not change the functionality of the engine much from original equipment. Proper tuning checks should be made by a competent engine tuner.
KIT CONTENTS
· 2- CUSTOM WISECO PISTONS W/RINGS, PINS, AND CIRCLIPS
· 1- STEEL ZINC PLATED CYLINDER SHIM
· 8- LONGER CYLINDER BOLTS
· 2- LONGER DOWEL PINS
· 1- BASE GASKET
· INSTRUCTIONS ( PLEASE CONSULT ENGINE MANUAL FOR PROPER ENGINE SERVICE PROCEDURES, AND READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS THOROUGHLY )
(YOU WILL NEED TO PURCHASE ALL OTHER GASKETS, O-RINGS, AND WRIST PIN BEARINGS NECESSARY TO COMPLETE YOUR ENGINE REPAIR WHICH CAN BE PROVIDED UPON REQUEST)
INSTRUCTIONS - CLICK ATTACHMENT BELOW

assault146

Reaction score
Ok thanks for all the input! so i'm thinking i will run the slp stage 2 map with my set up, anyone see any problems with this?

I am also thinking of replacing my reeds, as they are chipped up, with v-force or cheaper boyesen replacement petals, any preferences?

should i also install slp's pink exhaust springs? 90% of my riding is at 1800ft. with the odd mountain trip.

my set up again is:
2010 polaris assault 800
power commander 5
mtntk's fix kit
mbrp can

Top Bottom