parting out a sled

MattM

Reaction score
Hey fellas I am parting out my 06 M7efi sno pro. Just wondering what % I should be looking to get out of parts? what's fair to me and what's fair to buyers. there are some really good parts and equipment on this sled. as well its been well maintained. buddy's seem to think I can get 50% of the price new for most of it is this realistic? Thanks for the help in advance Matt

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe most snowmobile wreckers try for 50% off retail for good quality used parts Matt.

MattM

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the replies. I have it listed on kijiji and a few jokers had me doubting my thoughts. I melted down the pto side piston on Saturday on the 900 BB kit (on the first ride of the year of course). I know its not the end of the world to replace the parts. But since I did all the work to the sled its reaching the point where I would rather part it out and salvage some cash to put towards something newer. Been a great sled very fickable and a power house. its bitter sweet to be moving on as that sled seemed like an extension of my self. but its time for it to save a few other cat lives. lots of great oem and aftermarket stuff. Ie timbersled skid

Rjjtcross8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check out arcticcatpartsnation.com and select your model. That should help give you an idea on Where to set your pricing.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I believe most snowmobile wreckers try for 50% off retail for good quality used parts Matt.
X2 on what snopro said. That being said, I've always adjusted my prices if I thought the part in question didn't have 50% useable life left, and a lot of times sold items for considerably less then thier worth, cause I wanted it out of my shop lol. Good aftermarket products sell well (ie: timbersled skid), whereas bumpers, misc stuff not so much. Good luck in your sales, have you given any thought what the next ride will be?

MattM

Reaction score
I don't know I would like to stick with cat as the M7 has been so reliable. but not a fan of the heavy T1100 purely on weight although I have never thrown one around in the hills. brother runs an freeride but I can seem to come around to it. haven't been on the new poos either but been hearing great things. I like the m series because I have that baby shaved down for weight and you really move it around for a 7 year old chassis.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am loving my 2013 m8.... what would you want for the whole sled. I have a 06 m7 bb with 14000km on the sled ... I would love to give it to my father, just not all used up.

mind you he is on a 91 phaser, again since his last sled was stolen.

MattM

Reaction score
Hey weirboonedocking how does your pro climb compare to the m series for sidehilling and deaking throu the trees? its also been on consideration for me. Im sticking to the part out but I appreciate the offer. sold over 2500 in parts to day alone! so far so good.

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything my M did the Proclimb seems to do better... The Proclimb needs wider skis, to start with and will take a bit to adjust to how easy the sled turns. I love mine and my wife improved right away when she got hers.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything my M did the Proclimb seems to do better... The Proclimb needs wider skis, to start with and will take a bit to adjust to how easy the sled turns. I love mine and my wife improved right away when she got hers.

What he said!!!! I was right at home on my 2012 PC 162 after coming off an 09 M8 162. I personally think that it takes a touch more effort to handle than the M but it makes up for it in the ride and power. It is an awesome sled!!

MattM

Reaction score
anyone looking for parts? still have all the electrical -the hood harness, tunnel and bulk head, engine tech 900BB (blown piston) needs sleeve and pistons, boondocker control box, oil pump spindles lots of parts.

Top Bottom