Parkland's new Fish

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the start to our new build, 19' FireFish Hammerhead LS3 and Hamilton pump.

I will post more pics along the way.

Attachments

• SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
    SubstandardFullSizeRender.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,117

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is Firefish doing a complete build for you or are you putting it together ?

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
firefish is building it and we will our thing when we pick it up.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think that the ls3 is going to be enough with the hamilton as its a flow pump? Curious as I have heard good things about a 19' with this set up, but I have no experience myself. Just wondering what they told you an hat your thoughts are,

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you think that the ls3 is going to be enough with the hamilton as its a flow pump? Curious as I have heard good things about a 19' with this set up, but I have no experience myself. Just wondering what they told you an hat your thoughts are,
ls3 should be fine, 212's don't like to rev so you can't really even use the power of the lsa. It's why they worked so well with big blocks.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ls3 should be fine, 212's don't like to rev so you can't really even use the power of the lsa. It's why they worked so well with big blocks.

I think the ls3 will do fine, and although i can't find the torque specs right now , I believe there is almost 100 ft lbs of torque difference between ls3 and lsa at 3500 ish rpms, and torque is what a volume pump needs to perform to the max. Of course also a big cost difference. The Fish's are most often quite a heavy boat that with a Scott or Hamiltin pump can benefit from higher torque numbers thru the rpm range. IMO.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not one who believes everything they read but, if you assume they embellish equally, I snooped around the LS3 makes right around 400 ft lbs at 3800, the LSA makes around 557 ft lbs at 3800. And the heavier and the more water your boat carries the more you're gonna need the torque. Sort of reminds me of sleds, the 600's work great do everything the 800's will do, almost.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boat hull design is the biggest factor . IMO
Put as much HP and Torque in as you want and will not make any difference in a poorly designed hull for the desired performance expected.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boat hull design is the biggest factor . IMO
Put as much HP and Torque in as you want and will not make any difference in a poorly designed hull for the desired performance expected.

true, hull design does have an impact on performance, there is no arguing that. I believe that there is a huge benefit with the lsa in the fact that it has so much power that comes on so quick with the supercharger. On my boat, this is night and day between the 6.0 that I had, and the nearly 200hp increase is massive. It works well, and no one has been dissapointed in the way it performs. The guys that set it up for me didn't stear me wrong. That said, I run big power in most everything as that is my comfort level and I trust it, whether its the lsa in the boat or the bill Mitchell 572 in the Chevelle. I appreciate reading different views from people that have points based on facts and who are willing to do some homework on the topic. If there is ever a chance to see these other boats run, would be happy to join in...it's always exciting watching someone's new toy come to life, so I hope Chrisco keeps up with the updates....congrats Chrisco

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to spend quite a lot of time on the river both this year as well as last year and got to figure out really what I wanted out of a boat. I was able to spend a bit of time with a couple of Firefish, Brat jet, Custom weld, Weldcraft and Hells canyon boats, with owning our 21' Custom weld, fixed frame, High deck with rails it seriously lacked power with a 5.7

after a a lot of thought I decided to go with the LS3 in the Storm.

It was a huge game changer in this hull, it exceeded my expectations and I truly love the boat to death
The storm was no light weight whatsoever and was loaded as loaded could be with full plastic and a quarter inch 6061 keel strip. I was able to comapre this boat against 19 foot Firefish and Brat jet and found that my boat had the higher top speed out of all of them. The fuel consumption of the LS3 compared to an LSA is quite significant and no matter what power plant in an 8 degree hull it is hard to get them over 50 mph and in a Firefish with an LSA it will not go over 50 mph

both 19' Firefish I run with have LSAs and Scott pumps, both perform really well. I wanted more range out of the same boat and the way that the LS3 performed in my Custom weld, both power and fuel consumption was excellent. That being said I paired it with a Hamiltion pump because I want max lift with no spin out and the Hamiltion will be more efficient at cruise then the Scott. It didn't hurt to save a bit of money going with the LS3 because the boat is already over 80k.

Dont get me wrong I am all about power and all about mods but in my opinion the LSA just doesn't make a big enough difference in this hull design. I just feel it's wasted horsepower. I know the Firefish tends to be a heavier boat than most (tends to be over built) but they are tough as hell and I have seen it with my own eyes! And in my opinion has twice the fit and finish then a Brat jet.

Firefish was open to making some changes and doing some upgrades the way we wanted it. With the LS3 if I get in a jam and need to run regular fuel its possible. Like I said, for me it is more about range. Only time will tell and will have all summer to compare this power plant setup to the LSA and Scott pump. I will keep posting as we go thru the build.

For electronics we went with Lowrance HDS7 touch and paired it with the Lowrance sonic hub and the uni dock system. 1100 w amp 4 6x9s and a 10" sub.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the opportunity to spend quite a lot of time on the river both this year as well as last year and got to figure out really what I wanted out of a boat. I was able to spend a bit of time with a couple of Firefish, Brat jet, Custom weld, Weldcraft and Hells canyon boats, with owning our 21' Custom weld, fixed frame, High deck with rails it seriously lacked power with a 5.7

after a a lot of thought I decided to go with the LS3 in the Storm.

It was a huge game changer in this hull, it exceeded my expectations and I truly love the boat to death
The storm was no light weight whatsoever and was loaded as loaded could be with full plastic and a quarter inch 6061 keel strip. I was able to comapre this boat against 19 foot Firefish and Brat jet and found that my boat had the higher top speed out of all of them. The fuel consumption of the LS3 compared to an LSA is quite significant and no matter what power plant in an 8 degree hull it is hard to get them over 50 mph and in a Firefish with an LSA it will not go over 50 mph

both 19' Firefish I run with have LSAs and Scott pumps, both perform really well. I wanted more range out of the same boat and the way that the LS3 performed in my Custom weld, both power and fuel consumption was excellent. That being said I paired it with a Hamiltion pump because I want max lift with no spin out and the Hamiltion will be more efficient at cruise then the Scott. It didn't hurt to save a bit of money going with the LS3 because the boat is already over 80k.

Dont get me wrong I am all about power and all about mods but in my opinion the LSA just doesn't make a big enough difference in this hull design. I just feel it's wasted horsepower. I know the Firefish tends to be a heavier boat than most (tends to be over built) but they are tough as hell and I have seen it with my own eyes! And in my opinion has twice the fit and finish then a Brat jet.

Firefish was open to making some changes and doing some upgrades the way we wanted it. With the LS3 if I get in a jam and need to run regular fuel its possible. Like I said, for me it is more about range. Only time will tell and will have all summer to compare this power plant setup to the LSA and Scott pump. I will keep posting as we go thru the build.

For electronics we went with Lowrance HDS7 touch and paired it with the Lowrance sonic hub and the uni dock system. 1100 w amp 4 6x9s and a 10" sub.

How many times did you get to run with a Fish with a LS3 , that's apples to apples to compare fuel consumption to your CW Chris ? We've had quite a few guys around here that had Firefish's with 6 liters and LS3's, and I personally believe that if given a second chance they would almost certainly opt for the higher HP next time. IMO, with he lower torque numbers you're gonna run higher rpm to cruise the same speed which is gonna result in similar consumption. I do agree with your pump,choice , the Scott is an awesome pump but seem to need higher rpms to achieve same cruise speed as Hamilton in similar hull, but great for pulling and bottom end stuff.
Either way you're gonna have a hoot with it and I can't wait to apologize for my shook up beer spraying all over your new interior when I pop the top. LOL.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"IMO, with he lower torque numbers you're gonna run higher rpm to cruise the same speed which is gonna result in similar consumption. "

Could you explain this ? If you are running a 3.4 kW in the pump for both engines.
The LSA will pull more rpm on top for sure but fail to see any difference in cruising speeds?
IMO great choice with the pump and LS3 as the boat hull isn't made to run at higher speeds.
Plus the weight difference between the two helps out in a shallow water boat.
Lsa 768 lbs
Ls3. 640 lbs

Last edited:

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"IMO, with he lower torque numbers you're gonna run higher rpm to cruise the same speed which is gonna result in similar consumption. "

Could you explain this ? If you are running a 3.4 kW in the pump for both engines.
The LSA will pull more rpm on top for sure but fail to see any difference in cruising speeds?
IMO great choice with the pump and LS3 as the boat hull isn't made to run at higher speeds.
Plus the weight difference between the two helps out in a shallow water boat.
Lsa 768 lbs
Ls3. 640 lbs

Pfft, Darren = 160 lbs, you or I = 230 lbs, there we're almost even. LOL. Maybe you haven't been paying attention now that you're SJ'ing. (giggle giggle) Weve been out for a couple years with all the Hammerhead guys, awesome boat but seem to need a few more rpms, I'm suggesting , maybe , its cause of 400 lbs at 3800 or 550 lbs at 3800. These ar all Scotts pretty well, maybe thats a factor.?? Sucks there wasn't a LS3 available when you just put the heavy new motor in your new boat !!!!!! What did you put in again ? :) :) PS, I'm not that busy either. LOL.
Either way Chris, when you get it, you're gonna have a hoot, and keep in mind , Ross is a Doo guy !!!!!

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that thing is going to be sweet !!!!

Top Bottom