PAR head question

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just got a PAR head for my pro and upon inspection I noticed the domes don't sit perfectly flush with the base of the head as they do on the stock head. For those who have installed these heads before I'm just wondering if this is normal for these heads or if they square up as the head is torqued down? I just want to be sure I don't get any sealing issues. Thanks.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The domes are a tight fit so they probably will flush up. Pull the domes out and check for slight bulges or deformities where the domes touch the head. I found this on mine and think it was from when the engine blew up and jammed something into the dome. I did a little filing and smoothing and it hasn't caused me an issue yet.

drew17

Reaction score
What ratio did u go with? Running av gas like I did even a small amount is a pain the a** and little to no noticeable power increase. Any wrong ratio of av to premium will result in det light and poor performance

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't think this was for me but i will put in my two bits. I have run both 12.5 and 13.6. I had no problems with just premium at 1800' with the 12.5. With the 13.6 i run about 30% 110, switching to av this year though.

I have the 12.5 domes for sale if anyone is interested.

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What ratio did u go with? Running av gas like I did even a small amount is a pain the a** and little to no noticeable power increase. Any wrong ratio of av to premium will result in det light and poor performance

I went with the 13.1 domes. I plan on mixing in some av gas just to be safe, especially when riding at home in the prairies.

Top Bottom