Ozone and big iron

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Agree you cant blame anyone but yourself if you were there. A lot of hypocrites on here pointing fingers.

Look at all the youtube videos of the sled movies. I was just having breakfast at Joe Scmucks and best of Team Thunderstruck was on. Footage of nine sleds climbing a hill at a tiime, two in a chute at same time, avalanches being triggered when turning out by a rock face and more. How is that any different than Team BIS?
Do you think those 200 people were at Turbo to try and be like Ozone.

Thunderatruck always scouts an area with helicopters, they do Avalanche risk assessment and have a helicopter on hand incase anything goes wrong.
For their team its "Safety First" and not unusual for them to pull the plug on a climb.

Tapatalk is getting better...on my cell phone.

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thunderatruck always scouts an area with helicopters, they do Avalanche risk assessment and have a helicopter on hand incase anything goes wrong.
For their team its "Safety First" and not unusual for them to pull the plug on a climb.

Yes there was footage of one triggering a slide and those sitting in the run out zone firing up in pure panic mode to get out of the way. Lucky the guys hand was sticking out and they were able to pull him out. Footage of two climbing in a narrow chute and buried in a slide but didn't show end result.

A fine example of safe practices in mountaineering.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com

Yes there was footage of one triggering a slide and those sitting in the run out zone firing up in pure panic mode to get out of the way. Lucky the guys hand was sticking out and they were able to pull him out. Footage of two climbing in a narrow chute and buried in a slide but didn't show end result.

No system is perfect....lol

Tapatalk is getting better...on my cell phone.

climbmax

Team Thunderstruck
Reaction score

Nice call out Bob.
WE have learnt a lot since that original slide on Thunderstruck 1 13 years ago. It even got Trennis and Jim on Oprah ;)
Like all riders we are passionate about AVy safety/Education and Awareness. In fact so much we are the only production company that works with the CAC (now Avalanche Canada) as a corporate sponsor and also a key fundraiser with our Premiere we hold in Revy each Novmeber. We are well over 60k donated to their (and your) cause the past several years. Funds the CAC is in desperate need to produce the bulletins we all utilize.
Like I said we have all expanded our knowledge and education the past several years and will continue to do so with the support of the Revelstoke Club.

As far as this Thread goes.........I was once an active participant. Consciously went to Mexico the year of the fatalities.
But I do give credit to the people who had a hand in placing those plaques at the bottom of Turbo this year. Nice closure.
We never ever climb those chutes on each side of Turbo any longer out of respect for the fallen.

Safe sledding all
RS

Top Bottom