Outty 800 Lift Kit??

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a lift on their Outlander 800? Good lift kits? I am thinking of going 2" - 3". Any problems I will have now?

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a lift on their Outlander 800? Good lift kits? I am thinking of going 2" - 3". Any problems I will have now?

I put a 1 1/2 inch pipe lift on my 650. Stiffened the ride right up and gives me about a 1 in increase in overall clearance. Have heard from some guys if you go any higher you start eating CV joints.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I put a 1 1/2 inch pipe lift on my 650. Stiffened the ride right up and gives me about a 1 in increase in overall clearance. Have heard from some guys if you go any higher you start eating CV joints.

What is a pipe lift? do you think the 1" lift was worth it? Cost?

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the cost it was worth it, cost about 10 bucks. Really easy to do, just take the shocks off, get a couple 1 1/2 gas couplers from Rona, a spring compressor (tool rental place or C-tire tool loan) pull the springs off, drop the couplers on then reassemble. Gets rid of the shock sag that Canams are known for. Here is some more detailled info, but haven't heard anything bad about doing it. Worst case if you don't like it 30min later its gone and your only out a few bucks.

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the cost it was worth it, cost about 10 bucks. Really easy to do, just take the shocks off, get a couple 1 1/2 gas couplers from Rona, a spring compressor (tool rental place or C-tire tool loan) pull the springs off, drop the couplers on then reassemble. Gets rid of the shock sag that Canams are known for. Here is some more detailled info, but haven't heard anything bad about doing it. Worst case if you don't like it 30min later its gone and your only out a few bucks.

Sure looks like it works well. Can this be done on the rear as well? If front shock sag is a CanAm problem...shouldn't BRP do something about this?

I talked to a guy that recommended going to the Renegade shocks front & rear to give a better ride and because they are better stronger shocks...they should give me an inch or 2 of lift?? Any thoughts?

redrum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree... Rubberdown makes a very good quality kit. I have one of their kits on my Popo and after checking whats out there, I found it was well worth spending a little extra cash on good quality product.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sure looks like it works well. Can this be done on the rear as well? If front shock sag is a CanAm problem...shouldn't BRP do something about this?

I talked to a guy that recommended going to the Renegade shocks front & rear to give a better ride and because they are better stronger shocks...they should give me an inch or 2 of lift?? Any thoughts?

Gade shocks or springs will give you the effect to, but you can do the lift to the rear shocks as well. Not a true lift but increases ground clearance while stiffening up the suspension. Gets rid of that nose dive my outty likes to do. BRP is aware but has yet to do anything about it........

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gade shocks or springs will give you the effect to, but you can do the lift to the rear shocks as well. Not a true lift but increases ground clearance while stiffening up the suspension. Gets rid of that nose dive my outty likes to do. BRP is aware but has yet to do anything about it........

Thanks air...I'm gonna try the gade shocks fr & rr.

Top Bottom