TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here is a custom snorkel kit we offer.

IMAG0103.jpg

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$280.00 for kit includes all hardware and detailed instructions. If in edmonton area we will install. Kit and install is $380.00.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Some more pictures. Added additional lenght/height to the stacks to prevent the chance of water being deflected off the speedo housing and being ingested into the belt housing intake also the air intake. They are positioned so the handle bars/cover do not make contact with the stacks.

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

Last edited:

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tabneil, I like your snorkels for the outty, I use a 2" on the intake side, catching both cvt and airbox on my 500. Ran my set up a couple weekends with no problems, no lack of air, no robbing power from the engine. Had my outty in some slop over the racks no problem. I use a 2" on the cvt exhaust as well, have flipped over in some water an taken some water in the belt, rev up and watched that 2" pump out full bore. I know its a little risky 2-1 the intake side, but I also added the crank breather and relocated it under the dash, had another buddy try this with out moving the crank breather and when he rolled on his side he got oil from the engine into the cvt, bad deal. One thing that is advisable is to upgrade the air filter to the double foam filter, it can handle a little water, it will catch most of the water if any enter the air box.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tabneil, I like your snorkels for the outty, I use a 2" on the intake side, catching both cvt and airbox on my 500. Ran my set up a couple weekends with no problems, no lack of air, no robbing power from the engine. Had my outty in some slop over the racks no problem. I use a 2" on the cvt exhaust as well, have flipped over in some water an taken some water in the belt, rev up and watched that 2" pump out full bore. I know its a little risky 2-1 the intake side, but I also added the crank breather and relocated it under the dash, had another buddy try this with out moving the crank breather and when he rolled on his side he got oil from the engine into the cvt, bad deal. One thing that is advisable is to upgrade the air filter to the double foam filter, it can handle a little water, it will catch most of the water if any enter the air box.

I also relocated the crank breather under the instrument cluster, sealed the air box and installed a tire valve stem assembly with the core removed. Works great for draining. Also added a valve stem to the belt housing for easy draining, same as the air box. Have 460 km on this kit with zero issues. Happy swimming....... Now if i could only stay dry.:d.....nah.

MoAb Racing

Reaction score
Did you just run the intake snorkel for the motor off the stock intake with a 1 1/2 rubber coupler??? I had done mine like this but found I was running rich. 280 seems a bit high for 60 bucks of pvc pipe and connectors.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did you just run the intake snorkel for the motor off the stock intake with a 1 1/2 rubber coupler??? I had done mine like this but found I was running rich. 280 seems a bit high for 60 bucks of pvc pipe and connectors.

Yes some of the kit is plastic pipe..... However the time spent developing and testing the kits is worth something. I have spent the time to include detailed photo instructions that shows one how to relocate the ecm module and all the hardware/silicone/glue/clamps that are required. The crank breather relocation, air box drain assembly, belt case drain was something that I developed.

I am confident that the time I have spent making it easier for my customers to install this kit on their own is worth something.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally i think a 800 needs 2" intake for the engine. another tip is that a valve stem is insuffient in my experience, a little bit of dust and dew in the airbox and that small hole is plugged up and wont drain, even crud in the water blocks it( never seems to be clean water in there lol)
i have done prob 30 can-am snorkels this year, just a few things i've seen and heard back on.

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally i think a 800 needs 2" intake for the engine. another tip is that a valve stem is insuffient in my experience, a little bit of dust and dew in the airbox and that small hole is plugged up and wont drain, even crud in the water blocks it( never seems to be clean water in there lol)
i have done prob 30 can-am snorkels this year, just a few things i've seen and heard back on.

Kovs.... What Recreational motorsports shop do you work in? Custom Cycle? 30 kits, wow,thats a lot of kits. What did you use for a drain in the air box and the air box? Do you relocate the crank breather? What brand of Snorkel kit do you use?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple water puddle vids.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGdDzFlpLWE[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ5P8S5sWKY[/media]

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't work at custom, just do stuff from home.
i prefer to use yami drain plugs if they want them installed. the crank breather stays where it is, best place for it to breathe in and out without getting water in, ( i find that mine is up to the guage pod lots in water, kinda the float line on the quad when you jump off cuz its to deep)

i make my own snorkel kits, if you have ever seen a quad that came from pines service in prince albert, they are very similar tho. all my stuff is installed here, i dont have a made up kit that i sell, lots of little details to cover as im sure your well aware of with the time you now have into your kits

the center snorks are the best in my mind, have done on fenders too tho.
snorkeled an arctic cat 700
and couple 700 king quads ( pita !! lol)

Last edited:
Top Bottom